Mirror's Edge EP and Game Giveaway Winner Announced

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Mirror's Edge EP and Game Giveaway Winner Announced

Hot on the heels of the Mirror's Edge release by DICE/EA, The Escapist community has been chosen to give away the Remix CD of the hit single "Still Alive", which was created for Mirror's Edge by European sensation Lisa Miskovsky. The winner has been announced!

Congratulations to [user]neoGH87[/user] who was chosen at random and has won a copy of the "Still Alive" Remix CD and a copy of the Mirror's Edge game.

The album released on November 11th, so get out there and buy the CD or download your copy today!

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Congrats to the winner, here's to hoping I'll win one of these contests yet.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I'm not complaining (much) but doesn't it seem like the winner is usually somebody who's never posted before or only posted a few times?

ImmortalItalian

Oct 19, 2008
crimson5pheonix said:
I'm not complaining (much) but doesn't it seem like the winner is usually somebody who's never posted before or only posted a few times?
Or some random forum name created by a guy with hundreds of other forum names?

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
crimson5pheonix said:
I think the guy actually registered yesterday, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, having a truly random lottery thing going on isn't bad, but every time this happens (and it is a lot) it just feels like a slap to the face for all of the regulars.

Isaac Dodgson

The Mad Hatter
May 11, 2008
He just joined...yesterday...he hasn't made a post... I'm crying foul, even if it's a tiny indistinguishable cry from the back of the crowd that only a few people hear and all of which don't care, I'm still crying

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
Vanguard1219 said:
crimson5pheonix said:
I think the guy actually registered yesterday, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, having a truly random lottery thing going on isn't bad, but every time this happens (and it is a lot) it just feels like a slap to the face for all of the regulars.
I think the bone is starting to show from the amount of slaps in the face I've had in this way....
OW.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Maybe we should impose a limit. Like "You had to have been registered for 1 month" or "You have to have 100 posts".

Isaac Dodgson

The Mad Hatter
May 11, 2008
crimson5pheonix said:
Maybe we should impose a limit. Like "You had to have been registered for 1 month" or "You have to have 100 posts".
That's not our call, nor our place to suggest...all we can do is ***** and moan, which I know the lot of us are good at.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Isaac Dodgson said:
crimson5pheonix said:
That's not our call, nor our place to suggest...all we can do is ***** and moan, which I know the lot of us are good at.
If we were paid per hour to ***** and moan, we'd all pass up Bill Gates in no time :p

calelogan

Jun 15, 2008
crimson5pheonix said:
Makes sense, but every rule has its flaws.

It is obvious that the guy registered yesterday only to participate in the contest, but even if the "1 month" or the "100 posts" rule were up, you'd have users who never post or people who post frantically just to make the cut.

I'm here for more than one month, but I haven't got 100 posts yet, so I'd definitely be one to complain (or shed tears). =/

What would be a limit/rule with the least flaws possible?

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
calelogan said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Makes sense, but every rule has its flaws.

It is obvious that the guy registered yesterday only to participate in the contest, but even if the "1 month" or the "100 posts" rule were up, you'd have users who never post or people who post frantically just to make the cut.

I'm here for more than one month, but I haven't got 100 posts yet, so I'd definitely be one to complain (or shed tears). =/

What would be a limit/rule with the least flaws possible?
Having a picture...