Rockstar Reveals Max Payne 3 PC Requirements

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002

New screenshots herald the arrival of the Max Payne 3 PC system requirements.

"The right tool for the job" means you don't try to waste some bozo at the opposite end of a construction yard with a pair of MAC-10s. Likewise, it probably wouldn't be too smart to try to play Max Payne 3 on your mom's Packard Bell. What do you need? A Dragunov is a good start, or, if you just want to play the game, something a little like this:

CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core or 2.6 GHz AMD Dual Core
RAM: 2 GB
Video card: 512 MB Nvidia 8600 GT or Radeon HD 3400
HDD: 35 GB

All of the above, rounded out by a DVD-ROM drive and DirectX 9.0-compatible sound card, represents a minimal specification, so if you can bring a 16 GB Core i7 with a GTX 680 to the party, all the better.

[gallery=702]

Spicing up this otherwise rather dull announcement of the PC system requirements are three new Max Payne 3 screens that show Max doing what he does best: dressing sharply and waving his gun around in a murderous, drug-fueled rage. "Collecting evidence had gotten old a few hundred bullets back," he'd said in another time and another place, when the scars of his failures were still red and fresh, like the blood of his murdered family on the faded white walls of his nightmares. "Your rights will be read at your funeral."

The PC version of Max Payne 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Max-Payne-3-Pc/dp/B00178631E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335219358&sr=8-1] comes out on May 29.

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
Robert Ewing said:
Looks tasty. 35GB HDD space? Bloody hell. Looks like my computer can handle it though :D
that's what got me
that's an awful lot of space, more than i've seen - then again, I don't really check the HD size requirements, but if I remember correctly, Skyrim was around 8 or something?

I did try to check, but couldn't find anything to tell size

odBilal

Feb 7, 2009
teh_Canape said:
>35GB HDD
now you're being silly
You think that is silly?
You should have seen the comments section of the original announcement on the R* website.
People thought you need a GTX680 with 16GB RAM to max it out just because the developer said its "supported".

OT: Cant wait till my special edition arrives on June 1.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
35 GB HDD? Phooey. That's... quite a lot of space, you guys. I wonder how many discs there are for the Xbox 360 version? :eek:

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
odBilal said:
teh_Canape said:
>35GB HDD
now you're being silly
You think that is silly?
You should have seen the comments section of the original announcement on the R* website.
People thought you need a GTX680 with 16GB RAM to max it out just because the developer said its "supported".
that's not silly, that's stupid =P

Apr 28, 2008
I'm more worried about how this game will be optimized. Because the PC ports of Rockstar's recent games, GTA IV and LA Noire, are pretty crappy.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Video card: 512 MB Nvidia 600 GT or Radeon HD 3400
You might want to fix that so it says 8600 like it's supposed to, because it's pretty confusing the way it is. The 600-series is several years/generations newer than the Radeon 3400, so I kind of went, "Wait, what?" and had to go double check on their site before that even made sense. Yay typos.

L3G0kees

Mar 25, 2010
Looks at PC, feels insulted by these specs,
Well I guess they are minimum.
I dont find 35 gigs that much, the witcher 2 is over 20

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
HDD: 35 GB
Whaaaaaaaaat.
A shooter takes up more space than the Ultimate edition of Dragon Age Origins.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
You missed the other important news, that the game will have DX 11 support with tessellation. Showing it is not a direct console port.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
35Gb? What the hell did they put in this game? It's a linear third person shooter.

Just think about it. Skyrim takes approximately 6Gb of HDD and it offers more than 300 hours of gameplay. I know that Bethesda is using some kind of alien compression technology but it's still insane how a huge open-ended game can take up 6Gb, and a linear third person shooter 35Gb!

I hope for a story that takes at least 20 hours to complete. If it turns out that most of the space is taken by audio files I will be extremely disappointed.

wooty said:
Well.........looking at those specs, thank God for my PS3.
That's just the range of supported cards, RAM and CPU's. You won't actually need a highest end GPU and 16Gb of RAM to run it.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Looks like my PC will run it. The 35 GB was a bit of a surprise. I wonder why it`s so big of a game.