New Dishonored Screens Step Up

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Dishonored Screens Step Up

Arkane's upcoming Dishonored just keeps getting hotter.

A steampunk stealth/action game with elements of magic and just a whiff of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic [http://www.amazon.com/Half-Life-2-Pc/dp/B00006I02Z/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335816679&sr=8-1]? That, my friends, is Dishonored, the new game in the works at Arkane and Bethesda that with any luck at all will be every bit as brilliant as it sounds.

It certainly looks good so far. The six new screens that came out today suggest that life in the city of Dunwall isn't all posh accents, nice uniforms and tea with the Queen. It is in fact a rather harsh and ugly place in many respects, and not at all friendly to those on the figurative outside. But the visually stunning blend of a full-swing industrial revolution with the futuristic technology on display in the Tallboys promises to create a gameworld that's nothing short of brilliant.

[gallery=706]

Dishonored [http://www.amazon.com/Dishonored-Xbox-360/dp/B005C2D2MO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335816467&sr=8-1] is slated to come out later this year for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I have risen from cautiously optimistic to reasonably excited. I'm loving the art style and even the run down areas look beautiful, and was that a crossbow I saw? What is it about those things that fills me with glee?

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
That main picture? With the Lightning-Bow-Man-Bipod things? Yeah, I don't think the knife is going to cut it in that case...

That said, this does all look very pretty... in a sort or Bioshock Infinity sense...

EDIT: Whoop! 30 Posts!
What are you all looking at me like that for? We can't all have 5 digit post counts you know!

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
I'm guessing there will be quite a whiff of Mirror's Edge in the free-running parts.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
When I first heard that it was being made by people who worked on Half-Life 2 I was sort of thinking it would be good, but then I heard it was being published by Bethesda and my hopes went down the drain. The game doesn't seem to be very different so far, it might even be a CoD clone. But dear god what's with the graphics? I mean I'm sure for Skyrim the graphics are good but for anything else it seems like you're a bit behind, hell it's almost as dated as Fallout NV's graphics are.

But of course what are we supposed to think when nothing about gameplay has been shown.

AdamRhodes

Oct 4, 2010
Warforger said:
When I first heard that it was being made by people who worked on Half-Life 2 I was sort of thinking it would be good, but then I heard it was being published by Bethesda and my hopes went down the drain. The game doesn't seem to be very different so far, it might even be a CoD clone. But dear god what's with the graphics? I mean I'm sure for Skyrim the graphics are good but for anything else it seems like you're a bit behind, hell it's almost as dated as Fallout NV's graphics are.

But of course what are we supposed to think when nothing about gameplay has been shown.
It seems to me, judging from the debut trailer, to be steampunk meets Assassin's Creed. Why would hearing "Bethesda" automatically make it bad? Talking about graphics is pretty pointless. Wind Waker is the best Zelda, Twilight Princess had the best graphics. To me the graphics seem reminiscent of Fable III. And I agree, just show us what the gameplay is gonna be, not some flashy cinematic that only tells us some details about the setting.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
AdamRhodes said:
Why would hearing "Bethesda" automatically make it bad?
Because all the new IP's published by Bethesda tend to get really hyped up and upon release day everyone finds out they aren't very good. It started with WET, then Brink, then Hunted and then finally RAGE. I can't name a single game published by Bethesda that isn't part of the Falllout or Elder Scrolls series that is good thus I know something has to be up when developers who before were hailed as gods afterwards are tossed into the bin of obscurity when published by Bethesda.

AdamRhodes said:
Talking about graphics is pretty pointless. Wind Waker is the best Zelda, Twilight Princess had the best graphics. To me the graphics seem reminiscent of Fable III.
Yah I know, it just seems they're a bit behind. Bethesda when it makes its own games tends to keep graphics long past their date of expiration anyway but the games still end up being good.