Play Magic to Fight Cancer

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Play Magic to Fight Cancer

[img_inline caption="" align='right' src='http://cdn-origin.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/90/90734.jpg']

Help cure Lymphoma and Leukemia with Magic (the Gathering, that is!)

The Escapist is pleased to invite you to play in a Charity Magic: the Gathering Tournament. A portion of the proceeds go to help the Lymphoma & Leukemia Society in the fight against blood cancer.

We'll be playing 2-on-2 matches using sealed decks. If you've never played Magic: the Gathering before, you'll be provided with cards when you come to the event and we can pair you up with a seasoned player. If you're already familiar with Magic: the Gathering, you can bring along a buddy, or form a team with a friend when you arrive. The winning team will win a $100 gift certificate to Sci-Fi Genre.

If you'd like to participate, please email event organizer Alexander Macris at [email protected] by May 28th and list your name and the name of your team member (if any). A limited number of on-site registrations will also be available.

WHEN: 6pm Friday, June 1st, 2012
WHERE: American Underground Classroom, 318 Blackwell Street, Durham NC
HOW MUCH: $25 donation

Even if you can't make it to the tournament, the Lymphoma & Leukemia Society can use your help! Just click here and make a donation to help the fight against blood cancer.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Times like these I miss the "like" button on the Escapist. I will clearly not be there for the tournament (living on another continent and all), but I heartily endorse it.

I've been dealing with Hodgkin's Lymphoma for a bit over 2 years now, and I'm pretty sure the L&L Society were part of the development of my new (yet to be started) treatment.

Thanks Escapist :D

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Eleuthera said:
Times like these I miss the "like" button on the Escapist. I will clearly not be there for the tournament (living on another continent and all), but I heartily endorse it.

I've been dealing with Hodgkin's Lymphoma for a bit over 2 years now, and I'm pretty sure the L&L Society were part of the development of my new (yet to be started) treatment.

There is a like button at the bottom of the article page if you want to promote it a bit :)

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Nasrin said:
Eleuthera said:

There is a like button at the bottom of the article page if you want to promote it a bit :)
...and now I feel silly...
I never really mixed my FB and Esc, thanks anyway

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
It's at times like this that I hate not having a car. I would love to get my ass handed to me at a card game for charity.