Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Makes its Debut

Jared Rea

Aug 11, 2008
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Makes its Debut

The highly anticipated sequel from Naughty Dog is made official, gracing the Spike Video Game Awards and the cover of Game Informer.

Cover boy Nathan Drake is stalking his way through a frozen tundra to make it to the phurba stake [http://www.spike.com/event/vga] in the snow.

Spike TV won't be the only venue hosting Nathan Drake and his half-tucked shirts as arriving in mailboxes soon is the January issue of Game Informer [http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200812/N08.1201.1525.24193.htm] magazine, featuring a 10 page exclusive on Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Of what has been divulged so far, Naughty Dog appears to have listened to the fans cries for more exploration and less action, as the sequel adds a new free-climbing mechanic to Nathan's bag of tricks as well as a new focus on stealth gameplay.

As for why Mr. Drake is wandering about in the snow, the story of Uncharted 2 deals with the travels of the famed explorer, Marco Polo [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Polo], which may have something to do with that. Now, if only Nathan would take a queue from Marco Polo and put a jacket on while he's out there exploring. He's bound to catch a chill at this rate.

Phantom2595

Sep 28, 2008
Now I can't wait for this game. I LOVED the first one, beautiful graphics, amazing voice acting, fun game play and a epic story. First day buy for me, or first week at least since I expect lines, LONG LINES.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
I feel the ambivilence growing within me. My interest meter has reached bage alert. I am of a so-so opinion about this...etc

Phantom2595

Sep 28, 2008
Cousin_IT said:
I feel the ambivilence growing within me. My interest meter has reached bage alert. I am of a so-so opinion about this...etc
Have you ever played the first one from start to finish?

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Cousin_IT said:
Beige. Sorry, had to say it. But yes, I agree that the first one never interested me. I played the demo and found it was just another 3rd person shooter/platformer.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
I literally squealed with glee when I heard about this today. I adored the first game, can't wait for the second.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I really liked Drake's Fortune. Maybe not loved, but I immensely enjoyed it just like all of Naughty Dog's games.

I especially like the idea of revolving this around Marco Polo, it really got me hooked on the first game when it was going around Sir Francis Drake. I like these history fuck ups :D

EDIT: Aw damnit, now he looks more like a generic, brown haired, super model or something.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Kickass, I've already played through the original like 3 or 4 times. I really loves me some Pulp Adventure.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
"Highly anticipated"? You got anything to back that up?

Honestly, if there was ever a game that didn't need a sequel....

Give us Lost Frontier. Gun that shoots Shurikens, Lightning and auto-targetting needles, ho!
Hey umm...Naughty Dog....

Jak 4 PLZ!

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
"Highly anticipated"? You got anything to back that up?

Give us Lost Frontier. Gun that shoots Shurikens, Lightning and auto-targetting needles, ho!
Hey umm...Naughty Dog....

Jak 4 PLZ!
Jak was all well and good, but I prefered Drakes Fortune. This is probably because my room mate was OBSESSED with Jak and Daxter to a disturbing level, so maybe I'm a little put off.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
It's Bioshock. But hey, if they can make a Bioshock sequel then I've got no qualms about an Uncharted sequel. Infact, I already know that I'll buy it on release day.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
I literally squealed with glee when I heard about this today. I adored the first game, can't wait for the second.
I don't tend to squeal, but I did clap my hands with glee. Fun times ahead.

And the award for the strongest hair gel in the history of the universe goes to whatever he gets.
Holds so strong even Tundra blizzards can't budge it.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Ok this is kind of a weird reaction. Jumplion aside, the Ps3 fanboys are all actually saying its a bad idea, and are the only ones who are saying this.
I'm assuming they're making a Jak and Daxter anyway and I did like Uncharted: Drake's Fortune even if it was mainly generic.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
As long as the person who suggested they include QTEs, especially during the last boss fight, has been force fed their own genitals this should be fantastic.