Gun Nut Creates DIY GOW Lancer

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
Gun Nut Creates DIY GOW Lancer

A big guy with a big gun and a little chainsaw makes eviscerating magic, by channeling the spirit of the Gears of War Lancer.

Some people like their guns, and some people like their guns with chainsaws attached. A fellow over at the created [http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=402350] what can only be described as an actual working - and subsequently deadly - Lancer like the one wielded by Gears of War's muscle-bound protagonist Marcus Fenix. However, it's basically an AR-15 assault rifle with a "firearm mounted anti-zombie device." That's a nice way of saying it can definitely shoot and then chop you into bits.

While the weapon itself seems impressively constructed, the videos the guy posted of himself on YouTube with the thing in action are hilariously amusing and a touch disturbing. You can charging [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-8YXMTRyN8] at an outcropping of poor, defenseless pumpkins with guns blazing. After shooting the crap out of them, he dices them up with the saw blade. It's nowhere nearly as cool as chainsaw battles against the Locust horde, but the guy gets props for effort.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
The average chainsaw is a really bad anti-zombie weapon though. It would likely kick off the bones and spring back in your face, that's assuming you can get it started in time as well as not getting it caught in all of those tendons.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
It's like a musket with an ubercharge. That is also one gun you definitely NOT want to drop on your foot (especially while active). I don't recall the lancer having a scope, tho maybe Gears of War 2 made it better than it was before.

DangerChimp

Nov 28, 2008
With the banjo theme from Deliverance playing in the background, all I can say when see something like this is "Americahhh, f*** yeah! Suck on my b***s and lick my motherf***in' ass, yeah!!!"

That, and that I sure am glad that I don't live in the United States.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Its really cool, and I would love to have one. But my one criticism is that the chains saw blade is a bit big/too far forward.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
ArKaiN123 said:
This guy would be a console/PC modder if he wasn't a hillbilly.
Most likely! Pretty funny though...I guess I shouldn't be surprised by what people with too much time on their hands do...

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
I'm thinking that the bullets he wasted on the pumpkins would be a more effective anti-zombie tool and I agree that the chainsaw is too far forward and needs to be recessed. The worrying thing about this is I was actualy thinking through how to attach a chainsaw to a rifle gears of war style this morning and concluded that the bit where the chainsaw recedes into its guard in the gun would get too clogged with rubbish to be any good.

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
The average chainsaw is a really bad anti-zombie weapon though. It would likely kick off the bones and spring back in your face, that's assuming you can get it started in time as well as not getting it caught in all of those tendons.
Glad someone pointed it out. When that guy started into the pumpkins on the ground I was sure we were about witness a kick back situation and a trip to the hospital to try to reattach part of his leg.

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
I saw the thread and thought he made one that looked and functioned like a GOW lancer....
Dissappointemnt abounds.

Nice try though.

I just think it's stupid to put a chainsaw on the end of a gun....seems like too many problems... if you want a cutting weapon, just keep a katana on your back.