Friends and Foes

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
The looking at the phone gag is one of the over the top type gags. People don't actually do that. Now if you ever watch, some people in Japan will bow while on their phones. It's a cultural thing, but I am going to point that out.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Aw, Matt's dog is so adorable! I remember Matt saying he had a golden retriever shortly before Desert Bus 5 sometime on the forum but it's so nice to be able to see it. ^-^
OT: Hunh, you guys sure spent a lot of work on the timing... I'm gonna have to rewatch the video and see how that worked out because it just seems a bit odd that you had to speed it up and slow it down.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Hmm... Maybe it would have been easier to have Paul listening to a recording of Kathleen's scene that he needed to sync to, rather than having Kathleen there speaking the lines?

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
Callate said:
Hmm... Maybe it would have been easier to have Paul listening to a recording of Kathleen's scene that he needed to sync to, rather than having Kathleen there speaking the lines?
Only if he gets it perfect in one take. Otherwise stopping, rewinding, and restarting the recording ends up being more effort than Kathleen cuing* him.

Maybe I'm weird, but I have looked in disbelief at my phone when the person on the other end said something that would prompt such a reaction.

*I prefer the spelling "cueing" but apparently "cuing" is more correct. :-|

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
"This turned out to be more difficult than it seemed at first."

Describes every video shoot I've ever done. It always starts out as "this is a real simple idea." And ends as "It was supposed to be one take, one location, and we've been here for 8 hours."

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
"What would you do to a cat?"

Well, as someone who's family has both cats and dogs... probably nothing. If anything, the cats will scare the dog.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
MowDownJoe said:
"What would you do to a cat?"

Well, as someone who's family has both cats and dogs... probably nothing. If anything, the cats will scare the dog.
Reminds me when my brothers cat met my sisters dog (toy-terrier) and since they were of similar size they both were scared from each other.
It was hilarious :D

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
When I saw the video, I thought Kathleen and Paul were in separate rooms actually talking over the phone and you had two cameras setup.

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
tehweave said:

Describes every video shoot I've ever done. It always starts out as "this is a real simple idea." And ends as "It was supposed to be one take, one location, and we've been here for 8 hours."
Saying something will be one take scares me.

tamaness

Sep 24, 2009
tehweave said:

"and we've used a whole carton of eggs."

Also, editing in software is so much easier than editing by dubbing with a VCR. (yeah, I made a lot of kinda crappy videos in high school).

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
tamaness said:
Also, editing in software is so much easier than editing by dubbing with a VCR. (yeah, I made a lot of kinda crappy videos in high school).
Oh god I haven't done VCR editing since middle school. What a nightmare that was...

Lady Kathleen said:
Saying something will be one take scares me.
"It's fine. We'll fix it in post."

*shiver*

sev9780

Aug 18, 2009
Just noticed they replaced the shitty kit lens with a 24-70mm f/2.8L lens. Good job.

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
Daaawwww, such an excited puppy.

One of these should just be nonstop animals being nearby during a shoot.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
The moment Graham said Roger's Wireless, I knew what his logic behind choosing Neighborhood Wireless would be. Great minds think alike I guess.