The Dawnguard Debut Trailer is Here!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Dawnguard Debut Trailer is Here!

The upcoming Skyrim add-on Dawnguard features a whole new breed of undead troubles.

The first Dawnguard trailer is here and as suspected, it's all about the vampires. But these don't appear to be your usual brand of Elder Scrolls bloodsuckers; no, these guys fly and punch through stone walls and seem to be working on some sort of nefarious plan to bring permanent night to the world of Tamriel.

[video=5784]

There's not a whole lot in the way of detail but between the fast cuts, ominous music and imperious arrogance, it looks like players will be able to either hook up with this band of particularly nasty vampires - let's call them the Exsangui-Nation - or throw their lot in with the Dawnguard, a high-level band of vampire hunters. Possibly both, since playing both ends against the middle is an Elder Scrolls staple. I wonder what happens if you join the fray as a werewolf?

I suspect that things won't go quite as the X-Nation hopes, simply because a successful campaign against "the tyranny of the sun" sounds about as bad for the world as, say, the return of Mehrunes Dagon. That's just the sort of shenanigans that videogame heroes were made to put a stop to.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard add-on will cost 1600 Microsoft points and be out on Xbox Live this summer. Dates and prices for other platforms haven't been announced.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
'End the tyranny of the sun' sounds like the plot of pretty much every mlpfim fanfic ever.

This does look pretty damm cool though, being a flying deamon monster is always fun.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Looks great! I am just surprised they didnt wait until next week at E3 to show this... but I'm not complaining! :)

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Can't wait. I just wish Bethesda would drop this whole exclusivity for MS thing. I don't know how the Microsoft agreement helps them, but I know waiting to release it to everyone doesn't help them at all, and it may in fact hurt them.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Heh. hehehe. HAHAHA MORE SKYRIM YEAHHHHHHHH BABY YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great. I will get this day 1

Jun 7, 2010
Interesting, would my vampire character choose to ascend to a more powerful form, or protect the world he has defended for hundreds of years? I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
"Did you see those soldiers from the Dawnguard? They have crossbows. CROSS. BOWS."

Heheheh... Sorry, couldn't help it.

OT: I've been waiting for this DLC to make my Vampiric Necromancer, Abarrach (so sue me, if you recognize the reference... I love that series). Maybe now I can finally buckle down and actually finish the main storyline quests with either my Nord Barbarian (please, everyone has one by now) or Redguard Assassin (Dunmer and Bosmer are just too ugly).

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
God damnit Bethesda now I have to roll a vampire character. I thought I had Skyrim behind me for a good while :(

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
imnotparanoid said:
'End the tyranny of the sun' sounds like the plot of pretty much every mlpfim fanfic ever.

This does look pretty damm cool though, being a flying deamon monster is always fun.
When I heard that line I KNEW someone was going to bring that up.

The thing that really interests me is the dragon diving into the ice, why is it doing that?

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Totally called it being about vampires and vampire hunters.

I know about a thousand other people probably did, but I need this.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Baresark said:
Can't wait. I just wish Bethesda would drop this whole exclusivity for MS thing. I don't know how the Microsoft agreement helps them, but I know waiting to release it to everyone doesn't help them at all, and it may in fact hurt them.
I'm still stumped as to how "Microsoft exclusivity" is translated to "XBox exclusivity". I mean, Microsoft software runs (most) computers, doesn't it? Surely PC gamers should be able to get it same time too? Anyway, I try not to think too much about illogical things. I'm a patient guy.

OT: Looks OK. Never was a big fan of sanguinare vampiris though, in any of its manifestations throughout popular culture. Still, more Skyrim eh? Can't hurt.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Looks great. I may be behind the times but I thought this DLC was going to be about the return of the Snow Elves or something.

Shynobee

Apr 16, 2009
I will still hold out hope that you can join the exsangui-nation and help them end that tyrannical sun. Would make thieving and murder that much easier.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Okay, time to make a Van Helsing Werewolf Character.

Also, let's see...

Horse combat, kill cams, cross bows.....

Seems like the only thing Skyrim's detractors can now complain about is the lack of spears lol

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Andronicus said:
Baresark said:
I'm still stumped as to how "Microsoft exclusivity" is translated to "XBox exclusivity". I mean, Microsoft software runs (most) computers, doesn't it? Surely PC gamers should be able to get it same time too? Anyway, I try not to think too much about illogical things. I'm a patient guy.

OT: Looks OK. Never was a big fan of sanguinare vampiris though, in any of its manifestations throughout popular culture. Still, more Skyrim eh? Can't hurt.
You would think. Unfortunately that isn't true. MS has pretty much abandoned PC gaming. They do not support it in any way. It's why GFWL maintains itself as huge pain the ass and doesn't get any better as time goes on. They even go so far as to try and lock PC games that use it into an XBOX style interface. It's because they don't get any licensing fees for Windows based games. They want Xbox exclusivity as much as is humanly possible, and that also includes from PC based games as well.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I need to get the PC version and import all of my 360 characters on there before this comes out. My 360 version is damn-near unplayable these days :(