New Humble Indie Bundle Will Blow You Away - UPDATED

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Humble Indie Bundle Will Blow You Away - UPDATED

It's Psychonauts, Amnesia and more in the best Humble Bundle ever.

We've seen a lot of indie game bundles come and go, some good, some great and a few pretty forgettable, but I don't think any of them can compare to the Humble Indie Bundle V [http://www.humblebundle.com/#contribute]. Check it out: Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Psychonauts, Limbo and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, all in a pay-what-you-want package, with a bonus of Bastion for anyone who pays more than the extra. And on top of all that, you get soundtracks in FLAC and MP3 format for all of them.

I'm not sure how to convey the sheer awesomeness of this deal without dropping f-bombs everywhere, but I'm not allowed to do that so I'll just do my best. Amnesia is one of the most balls-out frightening games of all time, the sort of thing that most people can't finish because it's so horrifically unpleasant; Psychonauts is Tim Schafer's masterpiece, an unparalleled work of brilliance and flat-out hilarity; Limbo is a stunning exercise in atmospheric 2-D platforming and puzzle-solving; and I've never actually played Sword & Sworcery or Bastion, but I hear they're pretty good too.

As always, the Humble Indie Bundle V lets you split your money in whatever portions you wish between the developers, the Humble Bundle team, the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Child's Play, and anyone who pays at least $1 (and good lord, you should be paying a lot more than that) can snag the games on Steam.

I don't know what else to say. Every one of these games is more than worth its regular price, but all five together, for whatever price you care to name? If that doesn't convince you that it's time to throw money at the Humble Bundle folks, nothing will.

UPDATE: Good lord, there's even more. As of right now, anyone who pays more than the average price for the Humble Indie Bundle V - still under eight bucks, by the way - will also get Braid, Super Meat Boy and Lone Survivor, the (relatively) new side-scrolling post-apocalyptic survival horror game that was four years in the making.

If you've already purchased the Humble Indie Bundle V, you'll be given access to all three new games automatically. And if you haven't, why not? Seriously, what are you doing? There's a week left on the clock at humblebundle.com [http://www.humblebundle.com] - don't miss out.

Jan 27, 2011
....I...Already own ALL of those games.

Well, except super brothers sword and sorcery.

Still, if anyone HASN'T gotten those games yet, THEY NEED TO GET THIS BUNDLE RIGHT THE HECK NOW.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
As of right now...I own 3 versions of Psychonauts...that's how much I love that game...

GOG, Steam and my original XBOX copy...

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Wait, what? How did that work? I already have most of these games, and I still want to buy it. What black magic is this, anyway?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Ha! They got the narrator guy from Bastion to voice the announcement video.

Sadly, I already have all those games except for that Super Brothers thing which I've never heard of.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
aegix drakan said:
....I...Already own ALL of those games.

Well, except super brothers sword and sorcery.

Still, if anyone HASN'T gotten those games yet, THEY NEED TO GET THIS BUNDLE RIGHT THE HECK NOW.
This person speaks the truth, listen to him, and BUY THIS THING RIGHT NOW

Apr 28, 2008
Psychonauts isn't really indie, but fuck it, it's an amazing deal for some amazing games.

IF you can, buy it. Well worth whatever price you decide to pay.

UnderGlass

Jan 12, 2012
Goddamit! (in a good way)

As with others I own everything here. Fantastic move though bundling these super-renowned games to support Super Bros. S&S. Wonderful indie game and everything here deserves to be bought and played for the nominal fee. I'll be purchasing again to gift these games to friends I know haven't played them yet.

Edit: Holy crap! Don't think I've ever seen a bundle sell that fast. 310k and counting with 14 days 4 hours and 34 minutes to go!

jericu

Oct 22, 2008
I'm just hoping they do the same thing they did last time, and just add a boatload of extra indie games to the bundle later on. Seriously, the last one ended up netting you something like 14 games total.

Andytizer

Sep 16, 2010
If this is your first time with Superbrothers or Psychonauts, come and check out these wiki pages of bugs, fixes and workarounds:

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Superbrothers:_Sword_%26_Sworcery_EP

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Psychonauts

If you discover a new fix, please take the tine to add it in (no account required).

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
Awesome, I already have Bastion, but I really want to try out Amnesia and Psychonauts.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Damn it, I already own Psychonauts, Amnesia and Limbo, but I've kept Bastion in my wishlist for a long time and I surely kept an eye on Sword & Sworcery for a while, because it looked like a whacky, fun little indie title.

It's wierd seeing Psychonauts finally making the status of an "indie" game, much less "humble". I mean, it was already niche, but indie?.

I didn't thought they could top the HIB #4 with Cave Story+ and Super Meat Boy, but this is a serious contender for the best HIB ever.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Irridium said:
Psychonauts isn't really indie
IIRC, Double Fine now owns the rights exclusively, so I think you could make the argument if you really wanted to.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
I don't have most of these. I do have a few extra bucks coming in a few days.

Looks like my credit card's gonna get used like a call girl the night the sailors dock.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I've bought the last few Humble Bundles like clockwork but holy shit. This Bundle is freaking amazing.

The guys behind this have already shut up and taken my money, and there's not a penny they don't deserve.