E3 Preview: Crysis 3

Insomniac55

Dec 6, 2008
Sounds interesting. Of course, being Crysis, everyone's going to jump to see how the game looks. I'm wondering if the PC version will be more in line with the original, in that it will be at the bleeding edge of graphical prowess, or whether the multiplatform release will rule out those sorts of visuals.

CAPTCHA: Drink Milk

Advice to live by.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
25 years after Crysis 2? What the hell are those guys at Crytek smoking? I want some. Story transition from Crysis 1 to Crysis 2 made almost no sense. This one seems to make no sense at all.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
Don't you mean we take on the role of Alcatraz, only possessed by the ghost of Crysis past?

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Adam Jensen said:
25 years after Crysis 2? What the hell are those guys at Crytek smoking? I want some. Story transition from Crysis 1 to Crysis 2 made almost no sense. This one seems to make no sense at all.
There is a comic out that tries to bridge the two but it none the less feels forced.

OT: If this game is any bit as linear as Crysis 2 compared to Crysis then I am giving it a total pass.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Mcoffey said:
Wait wait wait. I only played through half of Crysis 2 so maybe I missed something at the end, but didn't Prophet die at the beginning of 2? Also, what ever happened to Nomad? Feel free to spoil it for me.
Alcatraz gets taken over by Prophet's memories and starts to think he's Prophet.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Mcoffey said:
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
Mcoffey said:
Wait wait wait. I only played through half of Crysis 2 so maybe I missed something at the end, but didn't Prophet die at the beginning of 2? Also, what ever happened to Nomad? Feel free to spoil it for me.
Alcatraz gets taken over by Prophet's memories and starts to think he's Prophet.
Ahh, that's weird. Still, a way more interesting plot twist than I was expecting. Did they never explain what happened to Nomad?
Got blown up with a rocket meant for Prophet in the comic.

DarksideFlame

Feb 9, 2011
Mcoffey said:
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
Mcoffey said:
Ahh, that's weird. Still, a way more interesting plot twist than I was expecting. Did they never explain what happened to Nomad?
Apparently, it's a comic that explains what happened to Nomad and the short version of that is that he is dead

http://crysis.wikia.com/wiki/Crysis_Comic

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
Mcoffey said:
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
Mcoffey said:
Got blown up with a rocket meant for Prophet in the comic.
A classic case of Death by Bridge [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DroppedABridgeOnHim]

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
Unlike some posters, I revel in my linearity. You can all do those mmorpgs and fancy Skyrims but I want my railroading and would take that any day of the week. This gives you freedom of how to meet each objective, which is great in any game.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Mcoffey said:
Yes, yes he did. At the end of Crysis 2, Alcatraz absorbs the remnants of Prophet left in the suit and takes the name Prophet. It's never really made clear whether or not Alcatraz still exists, but my take on it is that Alcatraz just got Prophets memories and called himself Prophet to honor the man.

Presumably, that's who we'll play as in Crysis 3.

Justice4L

Aug 24, 2011
Well i loved the first game, somewhat liked the second, but this... I don't know.

I think this will sit comfortably next to Splinter Cell Blacklist in the "buy when cheap," category.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
Agayek said:
Mcoffey said:
Yes, yes he did. At the end of Crysis 2, Alcatraz absorbs the remnants of Prophet left in the suit and takes the name Prophet. It's never really made clear whether or not Alcatraz still exists, but my take on it is that Alcatraz just got Prophets memories and called himself Prophet to honor the man.

Presumably, that's who we'll play as in Crysis 3.
Ok, so I get that Prophet's memories were in the suit and whatnot, that was actually explained in the game. That doesn't magic up a brand new respiratory system for Alcatraz's body though, and it was pretty clearly stated that the suit can't actually heal the injury, just grow into it to keep the body going.

It would have made more sense if Prophet just used the suit to speak for Alcatraz, magic brain takeovers and regenerating lungs are quite a stretch with the information on hand.