Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
E3 Preview: Hitman: Absolution

Clean mechanics make for a clean kill.

Read Full Article

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
All the stealth options are re-assuring, I was really hoping Eidos hadn't gone all 'COD' on us.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
So it's basically Splinter Cell Conviction, including the terrible take out mechanic?

Guess that's it for me then. I'm out.

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
This gives me hope. As long as theres a way to simply garotte most people, instead of using zany set pieces to set up kills, ill be happy

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
The game sounds slightly easier than Blood Money, but not in a cheap way.

digital warrior

Oct 17, 2008
and now to replicate half the posts that will be here. "WHA ITS NOT JUST LIKE BLOOD MONNEY WHA ITS GONNA SUCK WHA WHY WHAHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA".

on a better note it is encouraging to here that they keep the stealth and tried to balance it a bit more.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
YES! this is good, because playing the old hitman games, what i always thought was, this game is too hard! and i hate having to think to get threw the game.

From the sounds of it, i can just hit a button and find the target, and run guns ablazeing in, or i can hit another button, and it will show me were all the traps/hiding spots/weapons, and the exact path the target is going to make.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
The Highlighted targets just sounds like an updated version of your map that told you the same thing. I hated that thing so I welcome the change.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
digital warrior said:
and now to replicate half the posts that will be here. "WHA ITS NOT JUST LIKE BLOOD MONNEY WHA ITS GONNA SUCK WHA WHY WHAHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA".

on a better note it is encouraging to here that they keep the stealth and tried to balance it a bit more.
And now to replicate what half of your post was. "WHA WHA WHA WHA WHY WHAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Seriously. Have some maturity.

OT: I could never really get into the first hitman, then again. I first got it like a year ago, it was cooler back when it came out but I was too young to enjoy it properly.

HellenicWarrior

May 14, 2011
Feeling so much better about this :) Waiting for info on notoriety/weaponupgrading as well!
Thankyou for not ruining this amazing franchise

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
Best news about this game I've heard in a while.
In fact, I think it's the only good news I've heard about this game in a while.

I'm cautiously optimistic. As long as I'm given the option to use instinct only to keep my face hidden (and ignore the gunplay and seeing through walls mechanics), and they actually have multiple ways to approach each situation, Blood Money style, I'll be happy.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
... I'll just forget I've ever seen that battle nuns trailer, and be undividedly happy about this news.

Seriously, this sounds awesome.

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
Nikolaz72 said:
digital warrior said:

And now to replicate what half of your post was. "WHA WHA WHA WHA WHY WHAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Seriously. Have some maturity.

OT: I could never really get into the first hitman, then again. I first got it like a year ago, it was cooler back when it came out but I was too young to enjoy it properly.
And your post was like "WHA WHA WHA WHA Mommy there's somebody with a different opinion WAAHAHA"
Seriously. Get some maturity, pal.

OT: For me, this undid everything they messed up in the stupid Leather-Nuns trailer.

MANIFESTER

Sep 14, 2009
TheBelgianGuy said:
Nikolaz72 said:
digital warrior said:
Would probably of been better to just leave it. I mean I was going to essentially copy past the format of the posts up. You know the "Wha wha wha" thing, but that doesn't get us anywhere. Besides the first post in the quote was essentially insulting everyone that feels the game is headed in the wrong direction.

OT:Unfortunately, I am one of those people. I feel as though the game designers have the wrong... philosophy in mind for this game. From what I have read about mechanics that most of them are encouraging killing more people than you should. To me, playing Hitman the "best" way was to kill almost no one besides the target(s). After all, I gotta aim for my Silent Assassin ranking. The "take down" mechanic that recharges solely from killing is just off putting to me. There are a couple more reasons why I am currently not liking the way this iteration looks. Hopefully, my fears will be for not.

Though if you will permit me to "Wha wha" for a moment. I hate that they replaced the original voice actor. I loved that guy. Plus how they screwed him out of the job and just treated the man like crap, I don't know, it just pisses me off.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
gyroscopeboy said:
This gives me hope. As long as theres a way to simply garotte most people, instead of using zany set pieces to set up kills, ill be happy
Yup, there be garotting a'plenty. Saw it first hand.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
MANIFESTER said:
Though if you will permit me to "Wha wha" for a moment. I hate that they replaced the original voice actor. I loved that guy. Plus how they screwed him out of the job and just treated the man like crap, I don't know, it just pisses me off.
Wait wait wait. What happened with the old voice actor? Can you explain this to me? I haven't heard any news of this.

MANIFESTER

Sep 14, 2009
Jester Lord said:
MANIFESTER said:
Wait wait wait. What happened with the old voice actor? Can you explain this to me? I haven't heard any news of this.
David Bateson the original voice actor for Agent 47 in the hitman games is not coming back for Hitman: Absolution. Which was odd considering the game was first "confirmed" to be coming out because David Bateson told his fans that they contacted him saying the were going to have him come in and do voice overs for a "Hitman 5". Found a little news article through Blood Money's steam page where Bateson is quoted as saying, "For all the kind things that have been said, I am truly thankful. That kind of dedication and appreciation of the game deserves repayment... with an even more gob smacking instalment in Hitman 5. I don't envy IO Interactive for the pressure they must be under to deliver. I am utterly convinced they will!". You know being a good guy.

Now for the next bit I cannot quote a source, because it comes from a friend who is a far more dedicated fan of the franchise than I, so take it with a heavy serving of salt. But apparently, IOI had a schedule for him to go to a studio and all and at the last second wanted to reschedule at a later date and they would let him know when. Unfortunately,many months went by and he didn't hear a word. Eventually, he started texting and calling the developers he knew at IOI without reply. In fact,despite a new voice actor being used they have still yet to tell him he doesn't have the job. Essentially, the studio is trying to "break up" with the guy in the most cowardly and passive-aggressive way I can think of. ?You know, I can even understand IOI not letting me know what?s going on so as to avoid any loss of shine in the build up to the trailer premiere and then E3,? Bateson said. ?After repeated mails and sms to the producer and still no reply, I am lost for words.?

Now of course, this doesn't mean the game will be bad, but it is annoying.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
MANIFESTER said:
Jester Lord said:
MANIFESTER said:
snip
I'm disappointed that he won't be returning for Absolution.
If that story concerning the voice actors is true then I am annoyed at the company that is trying to "break up" with him. Oh well, I just hope tha game lives up to and surpasses its predecessors.