E3 Preview: South Park: The Stick of Truth

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
E3 Preview: South Park: The Stick of Truth

You have chosen the name ?Douchebag.? Is that correct?

Read Full Article

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
It's always nice to see talented people work on something that just seems like an inherently bad idea. The outcome is always interesting. It's not necessarily _good_ but it's always interesting.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Dear SEGA: See this? An adaptation to RPG done well ? exactly the opposite of Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. If for some reason you ever get the urge to make another Sonic RPG, remember that Obsidian knows what they're doing, whereas BioWare clearly didn't. Choose your alliances carefully.

P.S. Thanks

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
South Park + RPG. I gotta play it just to see how it pans out.

I do like how it looks like it's taken directly from the show, compared to the old 3D models like in the N64 game. That and being able to explore the town, which if I recall was one of the challenges that Stone and Parker had to face with this game since they never thought about it.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Excellent adaptation. Game play may be crap, but bonus points for making it look like an episode of south park.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
I'm legitimately excited for this. I've always been a fan of South Park but games based on South Park have always been lacking in quality. The idea that I can be a kid interacting with Cartman, Stan, Kyle and Kenny while spending time exploring the town has me really excited. An RPG seems like a smart move and Obsidian is the right choice. It looks just like South Park, hopefully the humor will come through in this game, which I expect it will since Trey and Matt both appear to be very invested in this game, especially since they are gamers themselves.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
I may be bought easily, but Jesus coming down with a carbine and shitty shushi guy in badass samaurai armor is just something I gotta see.

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
Looks great. You can tell Matt and Trey are directly involved, and I like that it harkens back to the early days of the show when it mostly revolved around the oddities of South Park and its citizens, rather than "popular event of the week".

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I hate turnbased combat, and I've never been fond of Obsidian, but damn it do I like South Park, so I will be giving this a chance. It looks really fun/funny.

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
One of the 2013 games I'm most excited for. I've been with Trey Parker and Matt Stone from the beginning and this looks right up my alley. Love a good turn based RPG. Can't wait.

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
Ok. That's it. I'm going to freeze myself until next year. Someone come thaw me out when this game hits. Anyone have a message for me to give the otters?

mrhateful

True Gamer
Apr 8, 2010
my two favourite things combined, obsidian game and south park.. I can barely wait.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
This... actually looks like fun! I might wanna give it a shot... now what platforms is it for?

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
HOLY F*CKING SHIT INDEED! I loved the tower defence game, it was flawed but funny. This could be hilarious.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
TheBlueRabbit said:
Ok. That's it. I'm going to freeze myself until next year. Someone come thaw me out when this game hits. Anyone have a message for me to give the otters?
But...you told me NOT to freeze you on the phone just now?
OT: I'll pick this up I like Obsidian and I like southpark.
Plus I like seeing Jesus with an M4.