E3 Preview: Dishonored

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
E3 Preview: Dishonored

This game of supernatural assassination is BioShock by way of Assassin?s Creed.

Read Full Article

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
And so another game to add to my 'must buy' for the end of the year.

Along with Hitman, and Assassins Creed 3. There's a definite theme here.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
This game has been slowly receiving more and more of my attention, and it's starting to steadily climb up my 'must try' list. Hopefully it lives up to first impressions.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Heheh, fish possession.

While this game sounds pretty darn cool and I'll certainly be buying it, I have to say I'm ever so slightly turned off by all the abilities it will give the player.

I suspect it will end like Arkham City, where I have to handicap myself in order to get some excitement out of the stealth mechanics.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
You can be a fish?
GOTY right here folks!
I will proberly get this when it's out (As opposed to before it's out)

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
I've always been oddly attracted to games that allow me to possess people/fish. I'm looking forward to it.

Mamzelle_Kat

Aug 23, 2010
Definitely on my watchlist!

I hope it turns out great so it encourages publishers to fund new IPs (even though it's very easy to trace its inspirations in this case). I mean, so far I find this year's E3 has a very "more of the same" flavour.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
This should be on everyone's MUST BUY RIGHT BLOODY NOW list.

Immersive Sims need to come back for good.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
You're completely right. It's the one thing this game seems to be missing at the moment. Some kind of general theme or issue to explore: Deus Ex had technology vs humanity and Bioshock had the whole objectivism/power/free will thing going on.

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
This, bioshock infinite, and x-com (rts) are the only games I'm interested in from E3. I really want Dishonored to be good.

Dr. Mongo

Oct 31, 2011
This game sounds almost too good to be true.
Freakin' fish possession!
Yeah, take my money. This I've got to see.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Some assurances I will need:

_It's not afraid to let you die.
_Boss fights NOT outsourced.
_No End-o-tron 5000.
1.) Everyone who's played it has said that it's very difficult and that you die in just a couple hits from enemies.

2.) no word on boss fights, but if they're there, they definitely aren't outsourced (ha ha)

3.) They've said that there are many different endings, and all are chosen invisibly by your actions throughout the game. It's not going to be some "in-your-face" thing.

In fact, it's even less of a push-button ending than the original Deus Ex, since only the last few mission effected the outcome in that.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
latenightapplepie said:
You're completely right. It's the one thing this game seems to be missing at the moment. Some kind of general theme or issue to explore: Deus Ex had technology vs humanity and Bioshock had the whole objectivism/power/free will thing going on.
There's a whiff of a Faustian pact, but since they've revealed so little about the plot other than the very basic set up, it's hard to tell if that'll come to be the central theme or if it'll be something else.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Woodsey said:
There's a whiff of a Faustian pact, but since they've revealed so little about the plot other than the very basic set up, it's hard to tell if that'll come to be the central theme or if it'll be something else.
Ah yes, that's right, in the first trailer, there's that mysterious fellow who visits Corvo in prison, seems to grant him his abilities and burns a mark on the back of his hand, isn't there?

I hope the game makes something of that, because it's intriguing. I'd hate to see such a cool setting go to waste on a mediocre narrative.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
When there was nothing more than a trailer this looked like it could go either way but now it sounds awesome. Looking up who the devs are... someone and I never heard of and...

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
All I read in the article is "awesome, awesome, awesome, you will buy this game, awesome, awesome and steampunk."

I did read the article correctly? Didn't I?

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Crazy Zaul said:
When there was nothing more than a trailer this looked like it could go either way but now it sounds awesome. Looking up who the devs are... someone and I never heard of and...
Why does it matter that Bethesda is publishing it.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
latenightapplepie said:
Woodsey said:
Ah yes, that's right, in the first trailer, there's that mysterious fellow who visits Corvo in prison, seems to grant him his abilities and burns a mark on the back of his hand, isn't there?

I hope the game makes something of that, because it's intriguing. I'd hate to see such a cool setting go to waste on a mediocre narrative.

They talk a little bit about him in this.