Devs Announce Medal of Honor: Warfighter Charity Project

Hevva

Shipwrecked, comatose, newsie
Aug 2, 2011
Devs Announce Medal of Honor: Warfighter Charity Project

Project HONOR will aim to assist injured soldiers and their families.

EA has announced a raft of charitable connections attached to its upcoming Special Operations Warrior Foundation [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/9681-E3-Preview-Medal-of-Honor-Warfighter-Multiplayer].

Several special operations weaponry and gear manufacturers whose products will appear in Medal of Honor: Warfighter have said that they will make charitable donations to the two foundations as part of Project HONOR. Other companies have also signed up to create and sell unique Medal of Honor-themed merchandise, with 100% of the proceeds going to the Project.

"We have a tremendous amount of respect for our service men and women around the world and a deep level of gratitude for the sacrifices both they and their families make on a daily basis," said Greg Goodrich, Executive Producer of Medal of Honor, announcing the Project. "We're excited to work with these great partners to launch Project HONOR to raise awareness for the Navy SEAL Foundation and the Special Operations Warrior Foundation and drive real world contributions of which we can be proud."

John T. Carney, Jr., President of the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, added that, "This partnership with EA and Medal of Honor will raise awareness on the work we do to help the families of fallen Special Operations warriors and facilitate contributions that help provide college scholarships for surviving children and financial assistance to families of severely wounded special operations warriors...This is a great way to give back to some of our country's greatest warriors."

In addition to this charitable drive, Danger Close Games also annouced an exclusive version of Warfighter designed for active, reserve, and former military personnel.

While the ways players will be able to donate and find out more about charities for servicemen and women in-game are yet to be completely clarified (aside from the inclusion of a special Project HONOR camouflage pattern), Project HONOR seems like a well-grounded drive towards paying homage to the world's real special operatives. The websites of both the Navy SEALs Foundation and the Special Operations Warrior Foundation are filled with incredible examples of the work they both do and ways you can lend a hand; if you've got five minutes, drop by.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter is due for release on the 23rd of October 2012.

Source: Virtual Strategy [http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2012/06/13/ea-launches-%E2%80%98project-honor%E2%80%99-initiative-benefit-families-fallen-special-operations-warrior]

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well, at least EA isn't blatantly naming the terrorist faction Al Qaeda or something similarly stupid.

I hope this doesn't turn into a shameless stunt and something truly good comes out of this.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
I wonder if EA would have a problem should I buy the merch. and not the game?

I'm sick of modern military shooters. Battlefield 3 is just about quenching my blood-thirst for the time being, but my desire to play such games is diminishing.

Hang on a minute... the merch money goes to US casualties? Now I understand treating people of all nations as equal, but why can't my proceeds go to, oh I don't know, the troops fighting on behalf of the UK?