Mysterious Seaman Found on Twitter

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Mysterious Seaman Found on Twitter

Seaman creator, Yoot Saito, hints at ... something with a Christmas-themed Seaman render.

Yoot Saito, the seemingly unhinged developer responsible for Seaman and Guild 01 posted the picture on the right on Twitter, [https://twitter.com/YootSaito/status/216363020073439233] complete with a cryptic message. As Andriasang translates:

"It's time to start thinking about the end of the year."
If I might engage in some wild speculation for a moment: that could be a potential release date for the 3DS port of Seaman that Saito has been hinting at since June 2010.

For those of you who didn't own the Dreamcast original; Seaman was a bizarre, virtual-pet game in which you're tasked with taking care of a human-faced, talking fish as it goes through the various stages of its life. An included microphone allowed the player to talk to the creature, which often responded with either related trivia or insults. By 2004, the game was the best-selling Dreamcast title in Japan. A remake and a sequel were released for the PS2 but they never made it to western shores.

Source: Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/christmas-just-came-early-a-santa-seaman-appears--230033.phtml]

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Yoot Saito was also the creator of SimTower and the ill-fated sequel, Yoot Tower.

Ah, the memories... ah, the incessant elevator sounds...

Seriously, though. Creepy Santa fish is creepy.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Well, I thought this was going to be about a mysterious man at sea who thought he was Santa.
But alas, it is not to be.
On another note, his games look fucking weird.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
We need more unhinged Western developers. Mostly because these games never seem to get localized. Having a similarly insane Western dev which I can latch onto and fanboy over would just be great. Ed McMillen will do for now but why not a AAA dev? Hmm?

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
voice recognition technology has come a long way since the days of the original Seaman I suspect the folks as microsoft could use a title for the live arcade game that makes use of the kinect's microphone.
I forget. Does the WiiU have a microphone? It could be a downloadable WiiU title as well or something.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Mysterious seamen found on twitter? Sorry I thought I had cleaned up when I was done >>

OT: That's pretty strange, wonder what it means.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Not gonna lie, I really thought of something else when I saw the title and clicked the link.

I remember that thing when it came out, got that face is just creepy to me. D:

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
I didn't even read the article, I just saw the title and burst out laughing.
Sorry Grey, but you just pulled an accidental funny.

LadyDeadly

Mar 5, 2011
I remember reading about this game when my brother use to buy those nintendo power magazines! God that was ages ago. I still remember their bizarre ads " I will not mate outside my species" Its still just as creepy as it was back then . . .

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Sad when youve spent a whole day twittering yourself to death that you explode with a burst of Seaman all over the place.

Once again, social networking has fulfilled its purpose.

secretkeeper12

Jun 14, 2012
My guess: Yoot Saito is planning the 2012 apocalypse, and will achieve it by scarring children across the nation by releasing a Seamen sequel.

On a more serious note, perhaps this is the beginning of an ARG?