Limbo Special Edition Enters The Third Dimension

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Limbo Special Edition Enters The Third Dimension

Playdead's award-winning platformer now comes with a host of joyfully depressing goodies.

Two years ago, development studio and publisher Playdead surprised gamers with the black-and-white puzzle-platformer Limbo. With an environment designed around themes of death, loneliness, and isolation, the title quickly racked up close to 100 awards including Game of the Year at BAFTA's Video Game Awards and the Paris Game Show. Limbo has since been re-released on most major platforms. Those still holding out now have a chance to get the latest, and biggest, edition yet: the Limbo Special Edition limited box set.

The package includes the complete game (naturally) for PC and Mac platforms, both DRM-Free. Also included is Limbo's atmospheric soundtrack, a series of art cards, and a pair of 3D glasses. And what, pray tell, would the 3D glasses be for? Why to replay the full game in Stereoscopic 3D, of course! It may not add anything to the gameplay itself, but at least you'll be able to visualize the bleak environments in a new way.

The art aesthetic of the entire set closely matches the dark tone of the game itself, even going so far as to present artwork of the unnamed boy in the process of being murdered by a giant spider. The 3D glasses themselves are the most colorful pieces of the entire package, with the blue and red lenses standing out in contrast to the rest of the set.

Considering that many gamers have already played Limbo on at least one platform, the special edition is clearly designed with the loyal fans in mind that love physical copies on a shelf. For that reason, the game is priced at a very reasonable $24.99 to avoid breaking the banks of anyone who already purchased one of the previous versions. That said, Limbo Special Edition is also a limited edition, so anyone wanting their own copy should head to <a href=http://www.limbogame.org/specialedition>Amazon for details.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Available anywhere else? Because Amazon.com is US only, wont even ship to Canada.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
Also comes with free self-harm kit, and a fill-in-the-blanks suicide note template.

Happiness sold separately.

Innocence will not be refunded.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Why do people like this game so much? It isn't that great. Decent game, not as good as everyone says it is. Definitely not worth anything about 10 bucks.
Why don't people like this game? It's really good! Great game, much better than that one person said on a forum once. Easily worth the 10 bucks.

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
Fanghawk said:
The 3D glasses themselves are the most colorful pieces of the entire package, with the blue and white lenses standing out in contrast to the rest of the set.
not blue and red? o_O

On Topic: I would totally get that if I hadn't bought limbo already ages ago.
also yay for 3D, of course.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Rainforce said:
Fanghawk said:
The 3D glasses themselves are the most colorful pieces of the entire package, with the blue and white lenses standing out in contrast to the rest of the set.
not blue and red? o_O

On Topic: I would totally get that if I hadn't bought limbo already ages ago.
also yay for 3D, of course.
Curses!

Thanks for point that out!

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
MarsProbe said:
Why do people like this game so much? It isn't that great. Decent game, not as good as everyone says it is. Definitely not worth anything about 10 bucks.
Why don't people like this game? It's really good! Great game, much better than that one person said on a forum once. Easily worth the 10 bucks.
Oh, it is definitely worth 10 bucks, I just don't believe it is worth MORE than that. I also don't see why this game gets a special release when games like SkullGirls or Journey are not.
Journey is getting a special edition.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.379913-Journey-Collectors-Edition-Comes-Loaded-With-Extras

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
MarsProbe said:
Oh, it is definitely worth 10 bucks, I just don't believe it is worth MORE than that. I also don't see why this game gets a special release when games like SkullGirls or Journey are not.
Those are also a lot newer.