Kill Bill's "Copperhead" Joins the Hitman: Absolution Cast

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Kill Bill's "Copperhead" Joins the Hitman: Absolution Cast

Vivica Fox will play the leader of The Saints in Hitman: Absolution.

Vivica A. Fox has starred in more movies and television shows than I can be bothered to count, but she's probably best known for her living-room-demolishing throwdown with Uma Thurman in the 2003 flick Kill Bill [http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Bill-Volume-1-Blu-ray/dp/B004SIP8OI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1341503628&sr=8-4&keywords=Kill+Bill]. As Vernita Green, AKA "Copperhead," she was a member of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, so her turn as the leader of the habit-wearing hit squad The Saints was a bit of a natural fit.

The "apologize [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/5783-Hitman-Absolution-Saints-Trailer] for causing offense. But Fox has a different outlook on the whole thing.

"The head nun is a bad *****. I love it. I was really happy to play her," she says in the new promo trailer for the game.
"I've come to take [Agent 47] down. It's kind of sexy, kind of scary. I definitely came with my girls, and we're going to take him down."

It's not the most insightful interview ever - she doesn't mention any of the controversy that surrounded the trailer - but it's interesting to hear her gleefully describe the character as a "kick-butt chick" and the equal, or at least as close as anyone comes, to the infamous Agent 47 himself. Yes, it was a silly, over-the-top trailer, but so was Kill Bill, and I don't recall any great amount of uproar when Black Mamba put Copperhead through a coffee table. I just recall it being awesome.

Hitman: Absolution [http://www.amazon.com/Hitman-Absolution-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0K50U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341503934&sr=8-1&keywords=hitman+absolution] comes out on November 20 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Yes, it was a silly, over-the-top trailer, but so was Kill Bill, and I don't recall any great amount of uproar when Black Mamba put Copperhead through a coffee table.
Maybe because Black Mamba wasn't a fully-dressed man dispatching a fetish-gear clad woman whose anatomy was lecherously lingered upon even as she was twisting and contorting in the throes of death.

But hey, it's been a while since I watched Kill Bill.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
LiquidGrape said:
Maybe because Black Mamba wasn't a fully-dressed man dispatching a fetish-gear clad woman whose anatomy was lecherously lingered upon even as she was twisting and contorting in the throes of death.

Pu-leeze. YOu call that a fetish? Thats just a preference of clothing. You want to see my tentacle fetish?

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
saintdane05 said:
Pu-leeze. YOu call that a fetish? Thats just a preference of clothing. You want to see my tentacle fetish?
Way ahead of you.

Aw yea, that's the stuff.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
LiquidGrape said:
saintdane05 said:
Way ahead of you.

Aw yea, that's the stuff.
Oh wow, did you make that? I want one! Take all my money.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
so much B word... she likes the job, and we know... but using the B word on her self.... what have our great Literature decay in to?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Yes, it was a silly, over-the-top trailer, but so was Kill Bill, and I don't recall any great amount of uproar when Black Mamba put Copperhead through a coffee table.
Because context. Or in the trailer's case, complete lack thereof.

OT: Well, this is news. I'd rather see something that looks like it's going to be an actual improvement on Blood Money, but then I suspect that's become increasingly-wishful thinking.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
FelixG said:
LiquidGrape said:
Andy Chalk said:

To be fair she wore a skin tight black bodysuit, dont remember if it was cloth latex or what, it has likewise been awhile.
Errrm.... no she didn't: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGHbEFgQ2q8&feature=related

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
FelixG said:
Chairman Miaow said:
FelixG said:
LiquidGrape said:
Andy Chalk said:

To be fair she wore a skin tight black bodysuit, dont remember if it was cloth latex or what, it has likewise been awhile.
Errrm.... no she didn't: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGHbEFgQ2q8&feature=related
Yeah she did. Try finding one of the scenes where she is still Copperhead, not when she is a housewife.

I think its in kill bill 2 or 3, its the scene where they go to kill Kiddo.
That wasn't the scene being discussed, but you are right. and I think there are a few flashes of it in 1 but the majority is in 2.

Toilet

Feb 22, 2012
If Whoopi Goldberg doesn't make an appearance I will be very disappointed.