Marvel vs Capcom Origins Resurrects Two Retired Fighters in HD

kitsuta

<Clever Title Here>
Jan 10, 2011
Marvel vs Capcom Origins Resurrects Two Retired Fighters in HD

Capcom bundles Marvel's famous fighting games for PSN and XBLA.

Capcom is bringing two games from its past into the modern era with today's announcement of Marvel vs Capcom Origins. The game, which includes Marvel Super Heroes and Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes, hits XBLA and PSN this September for 1200 MSP and $14.99, respectively.

Besides bringing the original gorgeous art into the HD era, the pack includes online multiplayer with a spectator mode and saveable replays. Much like Capcom's Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition, other features include visual filters, in-game achievements called "dynamic challenges," and what seems to be unlockable character art and other bonus content.

Both games in the pack first hit arcades in the mid- and late-1990s. Super Heroes is based on "The Infinity Gauntlet" comic book series, setting up Marvel's heroes to fight against each other and ultimately the main antagonist Thanos for control of all-powerful gems that can bend reality to possessors' wills. Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes was a follow-up to Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, and it expanded the roster while adding a Duo Team Attack mode to control two characters simultaneously. Although the Marvel vs Capcom series has continued seeing new installments with new mechanics and characters, the original games still hold their own.

If you're lucky enough to be able to go to the EVO Championship Series this weekend or San Diego Comic-Con next week, Marvel vs Capcom Origins will be playable at both shows. Capcom also promises to stream the game online during Comic-Con, so if you can't wait for the game to come out you can get an early look at the features on its website [http://www.capcom-unity.com/].

Source: Capcom [http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2012/07/05/marvel_vs_capcom_origins_coming_to_xbla_and_psn_in_september]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Fucking sweet! Marvel Superheroes is one of my favorite fighting games ever. The Infinity Gems were a fun mechanic and Thanos was balln' final boss. It also has one of my favorite select screens as mundane as that is.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
I am throwing money at my screen but nothing is happening!

OT: I remember playing the hell out of Clash of Super Heroes in the arcades as a young lad. Ah the memories. I have missed it so.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010

Good to hear after i retired my old PS1 version of MvC. And Marvel Super Heroes is an added bonus.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
A nod to Evo. Nice.

Never really sat down on either game. It'll be nice to relive the glory days when Capcom weren't money-grubbing jack-offs.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
To quote yathzee, money cant get out my wallet fast enough. marvel supero heroes used to be my life.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
esperandote said:
To quote yathzee, money cant get out my wallet fast enough. marvel supero heroes used to be my life.

Could that combo be performed on everyone or just Hulk because of his huge hitbox? o_O

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Fappy said:
esperandote said:

Could that combo be performed on everyone or just Hulk because of his huge hitbox? o_O
Anyone except in shuma gorath's stage because it doesn't have corners. it is easier on hulk, though and harder on juggernaut, he has a weird hit area in a combo.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Fuckin' A! I've wanted to play Marvel Super Heroes for ages but it was always too expensive. Now Capcom just needs to re-release X-Men vs Street Fighter *wink wink*

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
Not buying any Capcom fighting game until Katt from Breath of Fire 2 is on the Capcom side of the roster.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
T.T that video brought me back. i played them on the arcade when i was little. and i still own the console versions today ^_^

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
Honestly, I prefer X-Men Vs Street Fighter over Marvel Super Heroes, they took what they did with MSH and refined it with XMVSF, the whole Tag Team feature that is big today started with that game and it was a huge revelation at the time. Good thing I still have the MAME version on my PC to play though in the meantime, but I would definitely pick up the that bundle just for the nostalgia, if I owned an Xbox.

What MVC3 is doing today, people were doing in 1997 in the arcades, and its still amazing seeing great players do the impossible.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
MEGAMANS! AMFG I LOVE YOU MEGAMAN! YOU ARE THE BEST BLUE PLATFORMER PROTAGONIST EVER!

and before any Sonic fans come in and point out Sonic is a blue platformer protagonist all I have to say to you is:

But, yeah. This has me pretty hyped and I haven't bought a beat 'em up since Blazeblue Continuum Shift.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
I really wanna play the original Marvel vs Capcom as that is the fighting game I grew up with, I don't have the same nostalgia that other people have for Marvel vs Capcom 2 (which I bought in 2008) and have been waiting for a port of the original so this compilation looks great!