Halo 4 Bundle Includes Tricked-Out 360

kitsuta

<Clever Title Here>
Jan 10, 2011
Halo 4 Bundle Includes Tricked-Out 360

The only thing missing from the Halo 4 and Xbox 360 bundle is a Kinect.

Let's face it - the Xbox 360 is a little game called Halo 4 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118453-Xbox-360-Sells-Gangbusters-in-2012], which continues the franchise that helped launch the original Xbox. If you've been eyeing either console or game, though, you might want to hold off a bit longer; Microsoft accidentally leaked an upcoming Halo 4 console bundle, and this one's got a lot of kit.

Besides the expected features - the game, obviously, plus a specially-skinned console - the $399.99 bundle includes some nifty details, like blue LED lighting for the power indicators and custom sounds for boot-up and disc ejection. The console itself comes with a whopping 320 GB harddrive, which pretty much means you can install all the games. The two accompanying wireless gamepads, which are the new style with the transforming D-pad/circle-pads, have their own Halo-themed skin that reflects the graphics on the console. There's even a black Xbox Live headset, so you can experience the joy of epithets screamed into your ear.

The console bundle was available for pre-order [http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/productID.253528200] at Microsoft's store for a short time, but has since been de-listed. With any luck, the bundle will be properly announced at San-Diego Comic-Con this weekend, but either way gamers will be able to buy the bundle after the game's launch on November 6, 2012.

Source: IGN [http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/13/halo-4-console-available-for-pre-order]

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
That is one fucking ugly design. In what way does that recall the aesthetics of Halo??

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
I am looking forward to this. Atmosphere? New enemies? The enemies will give me flash backs to playing with my BIONICLES? Yes, looking forward indeed.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Do people actually go out to buy these bundles even if they already have an Xbox? Aside from the fact that this thing looks ugly, that's crazy.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Pff, the Star Wars Xbox was doing blue LED's before it was cool.

I just bought that not two weeks ago. I'll stick with a 360 that doesn't make my eyes hurt just by looking at it.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
400$? What a joke. That means all things considered you're paying over 100$ just for the "paint" job.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
I'll probably get this, as I've actually got a first generation Xbox 360 - one of the few still alive in the world today, I bet - which is loud, runs hot and is finally starting to get worse. I love it for being the Highlander of a flawed generation, but this limited one is a good excuse to finally do what I probably should have done some years ago.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Wow, that is a gaudy ass console and two gaudy ass controllers.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Really? I love the design, it looks great. I really dig art like that and I'm glad they decided not to simply put a picture of a battle or something else just as generic. It shows that the new Halo is steering away from the style of its predecessors so props to them.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
*Unpopular opinion here- (Puts on bullet proof vest)*
I think it looks... [small]cool...[/small]

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Deviate said:
I'm still trying to figure out why people are spending that much money on outdated and obsolete hardware that for all intents and purposes look like a solar powered calculator next to my 2001: A Space Odyssey Monolith of Doom. I mean... my PC.

Besides playing Halol (one of the most overhyped pieces of mediocrity in the history of gaming) there's pretty much nothing that piece of bleh can do that my PC can't do just as well, and there's an endless list of things that thing can't do but my PC can.

It boggles the mind how many people are actually fooled into wasting money on that piece of crap.
Because I have friends that play it and don't have money to handle pc upgrades (don't give that "it's not that expensive" crap I don't have money cause I got a car and school to pay for out of pocket on a min wage job) you like pc good for you that you have money to handle it I other hand am going where my friends are and where it isn't a expense

Eri said:
400$? What a joke. That means all things considered you're paying over 100$ just for the "paint" job.
And a 320 hard drive and two controllers And a headset as well