New Persona 4 Arena Trailer Returns to The Midnight Channel

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
New Persona 4 Arena Trailer Returns to The Midnight Channel

High school students, stuffed bears, and robots summon their personas for the ultimate fighting competition.

Going from RPG to fighter isn't the easiest transition, but the characters of Persona 4 are ready to make the jump in this new trailer for Persona 4 Arena. Developed by fighting game veteran Arc System Works, Arena is full of colorful sprites and persona-based fighting, both of which are featured prominently in this video.

Taking place two months after the end of Persona 4, Persona 4 Arena returns to the Midnight Channel for an intense fighting competition that features high school students and anthropomorphic bears alike. In addition to the cast of Persona 4, a few characters from Persona 3 make appearances in the trailer: Mitsuru, Akihiko, Elizabeth, and Aigis. The trailer doesn't explain why characters from the two games would be fighting together (or against each other), but fans of the series should appreciate seeing a few more familiar faces.

There are only three weeks to go until this game is out, but it won't be the last Persona game released this year: Persona 4 Golden is slated to come out for the Vita in the fall. It's a good time to be a fan of quirky games about Japanese high school students.

Persona 4 Arena will be released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on August 7, 2012.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
I am SO ready for this game *checks calendar* ...or I would be if I wasn't going to be on vacation for a week the day it comes out

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Must.. not.. post... USERGROUP!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Persona

Couldn't resist.

OT: Soooo hyped for this game. But Yu sounds too much like Adachi. Maybe Atlus could make Bosch's voice deeper or something?

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
neonsword13-ops said:
Yu sounds too much like Adachi.
Yeah it's a little weird but I also think of all the other characters JYB has voiced as well whenever I hear his voice which I seem to hear in every dubbed japanese thing I watch/play.

OT: I'm pretty excited about this game even if I absolutely suck at fighting games xD

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
ATLUS + Arc System Works sitting in a tree... is it boner in here, cause I have an erection...

Wait, what?

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
shadowmagus said:
Mitsuru for waifu of all time....
nrrrrrg, Naoto all the way man.

WAIT,

I know what you're thinking! But, have you seen the persona 4 golden epilogue yet?

Naoto-chan... ddddddaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaammmmnnn

============================================================================

Super excited to see Akihiko become a shirtless god of face-punching, Mitsuru dress like the leader of a super-conglomerate corporation, and aigis+elizabeth continue to strut about as absolute bad asses, but I can't help but wonder what the rest of S.E.E.S. has been up to and why they're not showing up.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
I love how ASW almost seems to exist to piss off people who ***** about Japanese character designs or art direction

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Sarah LeBoeuf said:
In addition to the cast of Persona 4, a few characters from Persona 3 make appearances in the trailer: Mitsuru, Akihiko, Elizabeth, and Aigis. The trailer doesn't explain why characters from the two games would be fighting together (or against each other), but fans of the series should appreciate seeing a few more familiar faces.
It's a fighting game, I doubt we'll have a satisfactory explanation even after it comes out.
Ha, okay, fair enough.

So I'm guessing Margaret's vague reference to Elizabeth in Persona 4 isn't going to be explained either. Hey, I can dream, right?

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
I can't contain my excitement for this. I'm even thinking I should go pre-order this right now. I'm so glad two of my favorite characters have turned into bigger badasses (Akihiko and Mitsuru).

dudagato

Jul 14, 2010
Why didn't Atlus payed strawberrycreme26 to voice the characters, that would've been so cool.

Anyways, if i had a playstation 3 i would so get this game. Guess i should go back to playing persona 4 for the 8th time

also is anyone here wanting junpei in the game?