Building Planes

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
Five years ago, I began drawing a 32x32 pixel, four second animation of a guy, who is mostly just sitting there. One of these days I may finish it.

Kudos on your discipline and workflow. :)

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Next challenge for James. Throw the magic card out the window and into a hat outside at the door. Without looking ofc. ;)

Bummer at the end when they could've sent you the assets, but you know what? I think we can call it: "It was worth the work put into it." Cause the video was very well made and as you said, they liked it as well. =)

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
That is a rather impressive piece even if it weren't so time restricted.

Seeing as it was though, dang. That's some fine work.

Does it tempt you to make an 8bit video series? ;)

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Wow, I distinctly remember thinking "This must have taken the whole week more to make..." while watching this week's episode, I'm kinda amazed they did it in under 48 hours.

Also, respect to that card toss...

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
I'm not sure if it would have worked for this animation style, but I do believe there is a quick/dirty method in After Effects to linking a motion with a waveform so that a mouth can move as the waveform peaks. I haven't used it personally, so I'm not 100% on the specifics.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Wow. Lots of work went into that. Impressive.

Still think it's the worst episode you've ever done comedy wise, but impressive none the less.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
Why are there adverts on this? And why do i have to enter in my date of birth just to view said f***ing advert?

On the plus side, it's great to see the work that went into that one. Well done Graham!

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
Graham_LRR said:
Rakor said:
It kinda does...
Not that you guys don't already have enough on your plates with all the series you do, but I'd really be interested to see what y'all would be able do when you're entirely freed from things like props, settings, anatomy etc. and are presumably only restricted by time and your imaginations.

Anyway, mad props to Graham and Kathleen for the awesome animation! Although clearly the MVP award for this week goes to James for all of his contributions.

anian

Sep 10, 2008
Frozengale said:
Still think it's the worst episode you've ever done comedy wise, but impressive none the less.
Indeed, but that's more to do with a different script writer, so the humor was not what you (or I) expected.

Still really from the art side, amazing work and in such a short time.

LordFish

May 29, 2012
Graham, Kathleen... That was TRULY amazing. I am so impressed... And I'm not normally impressed when other's do their job's well because like... It's their thing.

But this was entirely out of you comfort zone and your animations were stunning quality, even if I have never played the game and allll of the references went miles above my head.

[/sycophantic drivel]

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Yay! Loading time is back! It's always awesome to see you guys work.

Also, I really liked the final video. Kudos on you guys finishing the entire video in a few days.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I can't believe how quickly you did this. This was one of the best lookin' LRR's ever :D and you manged to do it in a weekend??

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
BrotherRool said:
I can't believe how quickly you did this. This was one of the best lookin' LRR's ever :D and you manged to do it in a weekend??
Saturday afternoon, and then from noon to about 2:00 am on Sunday.

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
Graham_LRR said:
Rakor said:
It kinda does...
Purely hypothetical, but what would you make an 8-bit video series of? Like something from a specific game or just like, commodore hustle....but in 8-bit. Mmmm, the tempting possibilities.