Ezio Auditore Goes Sonic for Wreck-it Ralph

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Ezio Auditore Goes Sonic for Wreck-it Ralph

The voice actor behind Sonic the Hedgehog will reprise his role for Wreck-it Ralph.

When the Sonic the Hedgehog Roger Craig Smith [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziX_lnr8-Fk&feature=player_detailpage], the actor who voiced Chris Redfield, Ezio Auditore and Sonic himself, among many others.

Smith has been the current voice behind Sonic the videogame character since 2010, so his role in Wreck-it Ralph is art imitating art imitating life, I suppose. Smith also has a ton of animation credits to his name, many of them for Disney, and just about as many video game appearances. In an interview [http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-news/chrrrrissss-roger-craig-smith-interview/] discussing his role as Chris Redfield in the Resident Evil series, Smith joked that he'd once tried to hold a three-way conversation in Starbucks with himself as Ezio, Redfield and Sonic. "So, after my friend had to bail me out of the local mental hospital, I realized it's not worth it to try that."

If he ever does tries that again, at least Sonic will have something new to talk about.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/21/ezio-auditore-chris-redfield-to-play-sonic-the-hedgehog-in-wreck/]

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I found a cast list of this movie which listed all the cameos in it, and it included Ezio and Sonic. It also kind of showed my fears about the cameos were true. Apart from Ezio and Sonic, the only other cameo characters we haven't seen in the trailer were just a few extra Street Fighter characters. That's assuming it was real anyway.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
What an awesome idea, I'd like to see Nolan North try this with a few of his characters. mostly Deadpool.
Still really want to see that movie.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Wreck-It Ralph really seems like it's going to be a good movie. I really want to see it because the idea of game hoping that was portrayed in the trailer seems really interesting.
While many people don't really like Sonic's new voice, I actually really like Roger Craig Smith as Sonic. Plus as long as Mike Polleck is Eggman and he does his maniacal laugh I will be happy.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
Good to see they are actually getting video game talent in this, and not just hollywood A list actors.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Can't wait for this movie.

And now we wait for Nolan North to be confirmed as basically the rest of the cameos.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
This is begin to look more and more like the video game version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Fappy said:
Mumorpuger said:
Fappy said:
This is begin to look more and more like the video game version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?.
That's definitely not a bad thing.
That's why I am excited for this :D
And cue all the displaced Jessica Rabbit feelings, with a slight disappointment that they won't be returning...But hey, now it's got games, so...yeah, still excited.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Why isn't this article called "Sonic voice actor reprises his role for Wreck-it-Ralph"? Would that make too much sense?

I know The Escapist likes to do the whole "character from this game/movie appears in this other game/movie! Get it? Because they're the same actor lol!". But do you need to push to the point where you can't even understand what the article is about?