Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Finally Gets Online Multiplayer

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Finally Gets Online Multiplayer

The upcoming DLC for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World adds Wallace Wells as a playable character.

The summer of 2010 was all about Scott Pilgrim. The long-anticipated sixth book in the graphic novel series was finally released, a film adaptation made its way into theaters, and a downloadable game based on the unlucky-in-love twenty-something's adventures was made available on Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network. Nearly two years after the game's release, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game is getting new downloadable content, which will add online multiplayer to the XBLA version of the game.

Due out on August 19, the DLC will be available for 400 Microsoft points. In addition to online multiplayer, it also includes a new playable character: Scott's roommate Wallace Wells. Wells is the game's second downloadable character; the first, Knives Chau, was made available a few months after Scott Pilgrim's release.

It's unclear if the DLC was released to coincide with the hardcover, full-color re-release of Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life, due out tomorrow, or if the timing is accidental. Either way, Xbox 360 owners will soon have a reason to revisit the retro world of Scott Pilgrim. There's no word on whether the content will be made available for the PlayStation Network, which is odd since the game and the Knives Chau DLC were available on the PSN first.

Source: Joystiq [http://majornelson.com/2012/08/07/content-coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-7/]

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
A bit late to the party?

Castle Crashers did this with the Necromancer guy which was released, a year later....I stopped playing it around that time.

I guess what ever works for them works.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Wallace!, sweet, he's awesome, and this game is still a regular at our multiplay parties.
Hopefully a PSN version will arrive too, seeing as all my friends have PS3's.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
It's a bit weird releasing DLC 2 years after the release of a game, especially an XBLA game, but the addition of online multiplayer is enticing. I got this game because my friend showed it to me and I fell in love with the style of it, so maybe now we can actually play it together. I didn't get very far on my own and I just stopped playing.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
I tried the demo for this game, and enjoyed the style. But the controls didn't feel quite responsive enough. I regularly got stuck in attack animations/had a hard time maneuvering. It wasn't an insurmountable issue, but really ruined the flow of the game for me. :(

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Never got to play this when it came out so I might just have to get it whit a few friends.

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
the most important part of this article to me was that it told me their rereleasing the books in colour

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Will the Multiplayer be given to everyone or just people who buy the DLC?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Kross said:
I tried the demo for this game, and enjoyed the style. But the controls didn't feel quite responsive enough. I regularly got stuck in attack animations/had a hard time maneuvering. It wasn't an insurmountable issue, but really ruined the flow of the game for me. :(
I still recommend trying the full game though, the controls I agree aren't the most responsive at time but the game is still really fun.
OT: Yay! I got this game when it was on sale on PSN and it came with the DLC. Now my friends don't have to come over just for us to play the multiplayer.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It would be nice if it came to the pc but since its ubisoft I would trust them to fuck it up on the pc.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Between this and MGS4 getting trophies, older games getting late updates seems to almost be a new fad.

eltonborges

Apr 25, 2008
three homosexual characters! That is a good thing, because we are talking about a beat'em up game, and yet, they show they can beat just as much and just as hard. I think the 400MSP price is way too much, and it will make think twice before buying it, but it's a nice add-on. But I need to ask: Why bother to launch this new DLC if they are not bringing the game to the PC's? Why do it now?

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
400 Points is a bit much really, I play couch co op with my flat mates on this, so it'd really be 400 points for a new character and that doesn't seem worth it.

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
Ok, so I got 400 points via Bing rewards, went to download this... nothing. What gives? Was it delayed or something?

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game is getting new downloadable content, which will add online multiplayer...
Sweet! I loved this game when it first came out! And I always wanted an online option! Now I can get my budd--

...to the XBLA version of the game.
:l

Well, fuck you too, Xbox. You've done it again.
[sub]Why am I surprised anyway?[/sub]