Animal Crossing 3DS Gets Gardening Store, More Customization, Title

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Animal Crossing 3DS Gets Gardening Store, More Customization, Title

Home ownership begins with a tent in Animal Crossing: Jump Out.

Animal Crossing was one of the first games announced for the 3DS in 2010, and a 2011 E3 trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/3497-Animal-Crossing-E3-2011] provided a glimpse of the exploring, gathering, socializing, and home decorating that somehow make the series so addictive. Since then, Nintendo has been tight-lipped about Animal Crossing, neglecting to provide a release date or even gameplay information at any of their E3 press conferences this year. Thanks to Japanese magazine Famitsu, some new details about the game have been revealed, including its official title: Animal Crossing: Jump Out.

Jump Out will have familiar features for longtime Animal Crossing fans, such as the Able Sisters' clothing shop and the museum. The game will also have a gardening shop for the first time, allowing players to purchase flower and tree seeds. Tom Nook is still managing the town's real estate market, of course, but now players start in a tent, and there appears to be a much deeper level of home customization.

There's still no release date, but perhaps the reveal of these new details means that Nintendo is closer to telling us when to expect the game. Of course, if you're really missing Animal Crossing, you could always pop in one of the previous iterations and see how your abandoned town is doing.

Source: Joystiq [http://nintendoeverything.com/95761/animal-crossing-jump-out-details/]

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Eeeeeeeeee. The only game in the world capable of making me squeak like a 12 year old girl, cant wait. That screen looks ace as well!

Though Animal Crossing has been warped for me a bit since I read the horror story [http://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/].

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
Tom Nook's still in charge of the housing marketing? And you start in a tent? You just know that bastard is going to charge you 20,000 bells for that tent.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Erm, how big is the tent? Does it only have a bed? If so, how will I fit my random pieces of clothing that I dig out of the ground? Or is the tent actually a TARDIS?

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Fasckira said:
Eeeeeeeeee. The only game in the world capable of making me squeak like a 12 year old girl, cant wait. That screen looks ace as well!

Though Animal Crossing has been warped for me a bit since I read the horror story [http://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/].
The hell did I just read? Now I can't ever play that again... Now I wonder what the people monitoring my work computer will think.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Matthew94 said:
I cannot wait until this is out...

... in 2013...

Fuck you Nintendo!!!
Fuck you nintendo indeed. I agree 100% with your sentiments. But because black 2/white 2 aren't on 3DS.

I'll look into this at the time if I have any gaming friends by then lol

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Hooray my 3DS library should look a hell of a lot better soon. Man, bet if I played Wild Worlds now the town would just be completely filled with weeds xD

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
But will it have GRASS? I've never seen such esclating hatred of plantlife like this series.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Rect Pola said:
But will it have GRASS? I've never seen such esclating hatred of plantlife like this series.
If it has Resetti I am never getting it. That fucker killed the game for me.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Krion_Vark said:
Rect Pola said:
He only really does if you quit without saving. Something they advise you NEVER to do.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
saintdane05 said:
Krion_Vark said:
Rect Pola said:
He only really does if you quit without saving. Something they advise you NEVER to do.
Well seeing as how it apparently didn't matter which character you decided to play with or my sister clicked my character by accident when she was playing. I got that stupid thing SO MUCH and it would take half a fucking hour to get through it at some points.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Krion_Vark said:
Rect Pola said:
Dude, don't reset and you never talk to him. Simple.
now SCRAM!

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
Holy crap, finally I have a reason to go pick up a 3DS, here's hoping this drops soon. Cannot WAIT to play this. Sadly I don't have any of the previous Animal Crossing games, don't ask me why I sold them because I honestly don't know...

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
SilverHammerMan said:
Tom Nook's still in charge of the housing marketing? And you start in a tent? You just know that bastard is going to charge you 20,000 bells for that tent.
"Hey, you need a place to live? You like this tent? Here, take it, it's yours! NOW I OWN YOU. GET TO WORK."

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
Woo! i loved the last 2 games but unfortunatly they did suffer with a lack of things to do after a while, or more it all got old fast, but this one seems like it will have a LOT more content in it, specially cause youre the friking mayor!