Vita Call of Duty Incoming

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Vita Call of Duty Incoming

Black Ops: Declassified has been declassified.

You might not have noticed with all the other exciting things going on in the gaming world these days, but the PlayStation Vita has two analog sticks. That doesn't sound like much, surely Sony could maybe fit three sticks on there if they tried, but for a handheld it's a big step forward. One of the obvious benefits of the additional stick is that the handheld can now play host to the most quintessential modern genre: the shooter. Enter Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified.

There's not much information to be gleaned from the trailer above, save for the fact the game contains people and guns with which to shoot them, but it does mention "multiplayer on the go" and "4v4 over wifi." It also mentions that it comes with "all new maps," but then it goes on to show slightly remixed versions of Black Ops maps, Nuketown, Array, Launch and Cracked.

The game is being developed by Nihilistic Software, the same company responsible for the lukewarm Resistance: Burning skies. [http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/resistance-burning-skies] According to Activision's, Neven Dravinski, the game features covert missions that will bridge the story gap between the original Black Ops and the upcoming Black Ops 2.

Declassified's multiplayer will apparently play out in a very similar fashion to its console counterparts', with series mainstays, Create-a-Class, perks and prestige levels, all making an appearance. Both the Kill Confirmed and Drop Zone game modes from Modern Warfare 3 will be available.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is set for release this November.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I may be interested in playing CoD on Vita if it seems to play decent and the MP is as fun as previous games...
But probably no Zombies...
Despite MW3 being a total suckfest, I do enjoy the series for its MP and over-the-top conspiracy storylines.
Might I add that AC3's offshoot for Vita is the only reason I still have one, so this might give me another reason to keep it. I'm also waiting a year to see if there are more releases cuz I do believe in the handheld's potential... I just wish dev/pub studios would get some balls and take a risk developing Vita IP's that aren't offshoots and actually use the handheld's very neat controls.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
amaranth_dru said:
I may be interested in playing CoD on Vita if it seems to play decent and the MP is as fun as previous games...
But probably no Zombies...
Despite MW3 being a total suckfest, I do enjoy the series for its MP and over-the-top conspiracy storylines.
Might I add that AC3's offshoot for Vita is the only reason I still have one, so this might give me another reason to keep it. I'm also waiting a year to see if there are more releases cuz I do believe in the handheld's potential... I just wish dev/pub studios would get some balls and take a risk developing Vita IP's that aren't offshoots and actually use the handheld's very neat controls.
If they have no zombies... I will be very sad. D:

Edit: NVM!!! On the PSBlog it says there will be zombie info for this, but not this week.

Zinkraptor

Oct 25, 2010
I'm not a big CoD fan, but this is still great news. If it does well, then it means the Vita will be doing better by extension, and then perhaps more developers will be more willing to make games for the Vita. It's actually a pretty good system, so it'd be nice if this helped it do better.

TheScottishFella

The Know-it all Detective
Nov 9, 2009
Well shit, next your going to tell me the Sky's blue!

OT: Not suprised, but hey I suppose it's nice.

Spydercake

Oct 29, 2010
OffTopic: What's that Activision? I can't hear you over how awesome persona 4: golden is going to be.

On topic: Though I am not going to bother getting the new CoD game, it is nice to see the Vita getting support, at this point it is just a psp emulator that somehow plays Gravity Daze.

regalphantom

Feb 10, 2011
I'm just going to say this, if this has Zombies, it might be enough to make me want to get a Vita if the price drops. That being said, the Vita is something I've always been interested in, it's just unfortunately always seems to be lower than something else in my list of priorities.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Not really a CoD fan but I am a Vita fan so I'm quite happy about this, might boost some sales.
Just wish that some more good games would show up to show to show of the Vita.
Come on guys get a Medievil game running.
Klonoa and Monster Hunter as well.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Spydercake said:
OffTopic: What's that Activision? I can't hear you over how awesome persona 4: golden is going to be.
I HEAR THAT!

OT: Eh, I plan on getting Black Ops 2 at some point, but this one has peeked my interest a little. It's only a buy if I get zombies, a good story, and gameplay reminiscent of BO1.