The Humble Bundle Returns to Android

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
The Humble Bundle Returns to Android

After its foray into music, the Humble Bundle returns with a set of games for the Android platform.

Ten years ago, if someone were to say that putting $50-$100 dollar game packages into pay-what-you-want bundles would become a massive hit, they would probably be laughed out of the room. <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117659-Tim-Schafer-Talks-Humble-Indie-Bundle-on-Reddit>That's really not the case anymore. Now, we ask more practical questions, like "What platforms can you put this on?" and <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118735-Humble-Bundle-Breaks-Out-In-Song>"Can you do a bundle for soundtracks?" Now, the Humble Bundle team has made its third Android-specific deal available to gamers everywhere, collecting Fieldrunners, BIT.TRIP.BEAT, SpaceChem, and Uplink, along with the puzzle platformer Spirits for those who pay above the average.

As always, the latest Humble Bundle will allow you to divvy your payment between the original developers, charities (EFF and Child's Play specifically), and the website team in whatever percentages you choose. All games are available for Android, Windows, iOS, Linux, and Steam platforms, although it should be noted that Uplink and SpaceChem's Android versions are restricted to tablets.

These games certainly aren't the latest titles, but they do have strong followings, and Uplink and SpaceChem in particular feature gameplay that favors a touchscreen format. Additionally, if this bundle is anything like previous iterations, the Humble Bundle team may have some additional features that will be retroactively added to the package. Whether these potential additions will come in the form of extra games or compilations of previous bundles remains to be seen.

Source: Rock Paper Shotgun

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
This bundle is worth it alone for SpaceChem, probably the best most mind bending puzzler I have ever played, all the while not getting annoyed with it. It's truly a masterpiece of a game.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Would Fieldrunners alone be worth the asking price? I already have the other three from previous purchases.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Baresark said:
This bundle is worth it alone for SpaceChem, probably the best most mind bending puzzler I have ever played, all the while not getting annoyed with it. It's truly a masterpiece of a game.
Given that I already own Spacechem, I'm thinking it's worth it alone for Bit.Trip Beat.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
My god... Uplink, a game that manages to more tense and exciting than most mainstream games through use of text and beeping noises. I need to go back to playing that game, my god, so much fun.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
UPLINK ON A TABLET!

The gods have smiled upon me, and now I can deliver Revelation in a more efficient manner than ever.

More importantly, is it still reasonable to hack the game enough to make it possible to breach the Uplink bank (that bastard and his voice recording not existing, put an end to that *real* quick).

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Nope. I still haven't been able to play most of the games from I got from bundles 2 and 4 and my funds are in the red now T-T

Karavision

Oct 13, 2011
I wonder if there is a way to tell if they will run on a Rooted Kindle Fire. So many games and Apps that run just fine on my original Samsung Galaxy, will not even start on my fire. I am running the Hellfire custom ICS rom on the Fire and the Cognition Froyo rom on the Galaxy.

Any Android wizzes have any insight?

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
Karavision said:
I wonder if there is a way to tell if they will run on a Rooted Kindle Fire. So many games and Apps that run just fine on my original Samsung Galaxy, will not even start on my fire. I am running the Hellfire custom ICS rom on the Fire and the Cognition Froyo rom on the Galaxy.

http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/611154-humble-bundle-for-android-3-system-requirements?

My phone can't handle a majority of these, so this bundle's a bit of a bust for me. I like the idea though, and hopefully it'll be successful (so that future bundles can be born)

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
praetor_alpha said:
Anyone else think that the games in the Humble Bundles are repeating themselves a bit?
Yeah, but it doesn't seem to cost them that much to scrape the bottom of the barrel for the rest of the customers.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Dooly95 said:
Karavision said:

http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/611154-humble-bundle-for-android-3-system-requirements?

My phone can't handle a majority of these, so this bundle's a bit of a bust for me. I like the idea though, and hopefully it'll be successful (so that future bundles can be born)
The titles are also made available on PC if you can't run it on Android. I do generally agree with you. I think they should at least make efforts to have these titles available to similar android devices in any given bundle.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
Mygaffer said:
Zer_ said:
Dooly95 said:
Karavision said:

The titles are also made available on PC if you can't run it on Android. I do generally agree with you. I think they should at least make efforts to have these titles available to similar android devices in any given bundle.
Fragmentation is just an inherent problem with Android, much like the PC in fact.
inb4iOS... oh darn.

Although I do feel like I should have gotten an iPhone when I see things like this - at least with PCs there are roundabout ways to make it run...