Blizzard Reveals Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Blizzard Reveals Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer

Blizzard introduces the lush continent of Pandaria and asks "What is worth fighting for?"

Blizzard was among the first to admit that its flagship game World of Warcraft <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114124-World-of-Warcraft-Slips-Further>may not be the powerhouse that it once was, but that doesn't change the fact that the upcoming Mists of Pandaria expansion will draw many former subscribers back into the fold. As we inch ever closer to the expansion's release date, Blizzard is stirring the pot by releasing a new, high-quality cinematic trailer that reveals the new continent of Pandaria and proves that, despite their appearance, the peaceful Pandarens are still a force to be reckoned with.

The trailer presents us with a human and an orc who have washed up on the shores of Pandaria after a battle destroyed their warships. After stalking and eventually engaging each other in combat, their fight takes them within range of a Pandaren monastery, at which point a lone monk steps in to teach them the error of their ways. After single-handedly defeating both soldiers, simultaneously, the mists surrounding them part to reveal the full scope of the monastery, including dozens of Pandaren monks. A narrated voice-over explains the Pandaren's Zen-like philosophy of balance, ending with "For my kind, the true question is 'What is worth fighting for?'"

The trailer is a truly breathtaking visual display that combines many of trademark elements of World of Warcraft, including impressive battles, stunningly beautiful landscapes, and just a hint of humor. Blizzard has made an impressive trailer that will likely draw old subscribers back into the fold, and should entice new audiences to join the game as well.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Zero asked the same question:

In all seriousness Blizzard... Kung Fu Panda? Come on guys.

Yes, I will not get over it. Don't even try to convince me.

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
Fappy said:

I'm not a fan of the milking either buuuuut they had Pandas and stuff since WC3. Pandaren Brewmaster. So no, no Kung Fu Panda there. Just Blizzard milking old ideas continuously.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
That does look fantastic.

*Browses MMO-C, seeing people ***** about Kung-Fu Pandas and lack of RARGH GRIMDARK WHY ORC AND HUMAN FIGHT TOGETHERRRRRR.

I expected more from The Escapist, but no, first comment.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Loop Stricken said:

*Browses MMO-C, seeing people ***** about Kung-Fu Pandas and lack of RARGH GRIMDARK WHY ORC AND HUMAN FIGHT TOGETHERRRRRR.

I am glad I did not disappoint :D

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Loop Stricken said:

Why would anyone complain about an orc and a human fighting together...they've done it on multiple occasions. Hell one could even argue that with all the shit that's happened in Azeroth the petty orcs vs human thing really should've ended by now.

Hell, the numerous evil organizations have been able to put aside the differences between the species of Azeroth, but the good guys are still at each other's throats? What nonsense.

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
Fappy said:

Hur dur, I'm edgy for hating on Blizzard for something that was conceptualized before an animated film with a loosely based idea was released, hur dur.

@Topic: Cinematic is top notch, as always with Blizzard cinematics, I don't think there has been one I haven't liked spanning all their games, even the garbage that was Diablo 3 had amazing cinematics.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Rednog said:
Loop Stricken said:

Why would anyone complain about an orc and a human fighting together...they've done it on multiple occasions. Hell one could even argue that with all the shit that's happened in Azeroth the petty orcs vs human thing really should've ended by now.

Hell, the numerous evil organizations have been able to put aside the differences between the species of Azeroth, but the good guys are still at each other's throats? What nonsense.
I have in fact just called someone out on their bullshit at MMO-C;

"Nothing shows the alliance vs horde conflict more than a human giving an orc his weapon to fight someone who is trying to break up their fight.

/facepalm"
And I'm all like ***** that's EXACTLY what they do every bloody time.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
No Turtle Island in this trailer? You'd think the best way to top Sindragosa from WotLK and Deathwing from Cata would be to show the Giant turtle that's so big its back is an entire zone.

Vaccine said:
[Mega Snip]
This. Pandaren have been around long before Kung Fu Panda, it's just that Panda people are mainstream now.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wow, Po has become a badass and there're human and orc in their world? Wait, what do you mean that trailer wasn't Kung Fu Panda 3?

Ok joking aide, the top comment in that Youtube video made me laugh-

"another DreamWorks masterpiece, 10/10 movie would bring&#65279; my kids again"

Blizzard should contact DreamWorks for a proper Kung Fu Panda crossover game (probably a bad idea).

Yeah the cinematic are always great but just like Diablo 3, the gameplay itself isn't great (well it's the same game, just with the expansion).

toomuchnothing

Jul 5, 2010
Its pretty but as usual shows literally nothing of the xpac's content besides a tiny glimpse of the setting. Where are the Pandarian Pokemasters catching them all? Where are the farmers tending to their land day after day repeating the same task to build reputation so they can buy a different colored mount of one they already own? Where are the AH "flippers" putting in their 8 hour shift running back and forth from the auctioneer to the mailbox then complaining that money is useless?

I have nothing against anyone who still wants to play this game but after playing from launch til a month after cata I haven't seen any real reason to justify paying for this xpac on top of a monthly fee. Its too bad because I would have liked a reason to ride around on my old ZA10 bear mount on my DK.

Also the way that video presents the Pandas makes it seem less like they are a new addition to the existing factions and more like a 3rd option.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Eh, compared to the Burning Crusade, Lich King and Cataclysm cinematics this one seems kinda......lackluster.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
toomuchnothing said:
Also the way that video presents the Pandas makes it seem less like they are a new addition to the existing factions and more like a 3rd option.
They are, Panderen players start off neutral and then pick a faction to join.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
...and all I can still say is...

If Jack Black isn't called to do one of those "I'm (celebrity) and I'm a (class)" commercials with him as a Pandarin Monk, I'll be VERY disappointed.

Seriously...Blizzard should capitalize on having kung fu pandas before there even WAS "Kung Fu Panda".

CAPTCHA: as you wish

o_O? Wesley...from Princess Bride? YOU'RE the Captcha?!?

toomuchnothing

Jul 5, 2010
Aeshi said:
toomuchnothing said:
They are, Panderen players start off neutral and then pick a faction to join.
Yes I am aware of that fact. What I mean is it makes it look less like they would be willing to join EITHER faction considering how long they have been at war compared to lets say keeping them the hell off their island. Panda Eastwood says get the hell off my lawn.

Seriously...Blizzard should capitalize on having kung fu pandas before there even WAS "Kung Fu Panda".
Probably best avoided considering how high its hipster joke meme potential is.

INVALIDUSERNAME

May 23, 2012
toomuchnothing said:
Its too bad because I would have liked a reason to ride around on my old ZA20 bear mount on my DK.
Zul'Aman was a 10 man.
Death Knights couldn't get it because it was removed from ZA when Patch 3.0 rolled around.
Don't lie so blatantly.

Cinematic looks nice. Blizzard's cinematics always look nice. Game's still stagnant as hell though so I'll pass.

Edit: At least you edited the ZA20 part.