Zelda Guidebook Hyrule Historia Getting US Localization

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Zelda Guidebook Hyrule Historia Getting US Localization

Dark Horse Comics will publish The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia, due out early next year.

Previously only available in Japan, The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia is coming to North America early next year. The ultimate Zelda history book is being localized for American audiences and published by Dark Horse Comics. The hardcover book contains "an unparalleled collection of historical information" about the long-running video game series.

Originally released in Japan in 2011 to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the series, Hyrule Historia features "the full history of The Legend of Zelda franchise," as well as concept art and an introduction from series creator Shigeru Miyamoto. There's also "the official timeline of The Legend of Zelda series," putting to rest decades of debate over the chronological order of the Zelda games.

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia is due out on January 29, 2013, with a US retail price of $34.99. The 25th anniversary of the Zelda series will be long over by then, but better late than never, right?

Source: Destructoid [http://gengame.net/2012/08/hyrule-historia-is-being-officially-localized-published-by-dark-horse-comics/]

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I just hope I can get this sent to Europe. I would like to get this thing. My friend got the Japanese version, but I would like to have it in English.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I hope theres some nice art pieces in there, I may coincider getting it if thats the case.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
JUST SHUP UP AND TAKE MY POUNDS STERLING!!!

Okay, that sounded a lot less dirty in my head than when I typed it out...

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Kmadden2004 said:

Who's Sterling? And don't worry I feel exactly the same way.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Plinglebob said:
Kmadden2004 said:

Pound sterling = full name for the British pound.

OT: GOOD NEWS! Dark Horse has confirmed a European release!!!

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Kmadden2004 said:
Plinglebob said:
Kmadden2004 said:

Must resist explaining the joke... and WOOOO!!!!

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Well... its good to see so many people give Nintendo money for some crap they put together for the sake of making money.

The "official timeline" shit will be amusing to look at if only to see how much of the ideas they ripped off the guy who came up with the crazy conspiracy theory.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Plinglebob said:
Kmadden2004 said:
Plinglebob said:
Kmadden2004 said:

Must resist explaining the joke... and WOOOO!!!!
Sorry, my bad. Momentary brain fart on my side. :p

Gardock

Mar 15, 2010
FoolKiller said:
Well... its good to see so many people give Nintendo money for some crap they put together for the sake of making money.

The "official timeline" shit will be amusing to look at if only to see how much of the ideas they ripped off the guy who came up with the crazy conspiracy theory.
It's a 250-page artbook. The timeline takes up maybe two pages and has been all over the internet since the Japanese version came out roughly nine months ago. So... no. No, I don't think that's the only reason anyone's going to be buying it.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Probably an interesting look into development history, cool fan-art and then a fan-wank timeline that needs huge asterisk explaining why it exists and how. For all my time with LoZ, I can't bring myself to care... funny that.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Aw man, I may have to consider picking one up. Zelda was my second ever video game, and of all I Nintendo's canon, despite accusations of the series's repetitive nature, I've always found the Zelda franchise to exude enthusiasm and effort.

Maybe it's the nostalgia, maybe it's that Shigeru has one of the best art and design teams on the planet under him, but my book shelf is looking emptier and emptier.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
PunkRex said:
I hope theres some nice art pieces in there, I may coincider getting it if thats the case.
There is. In fact, you can probably look at the whole book online somewhere (I have). It's mostly concept art; nothing jaw dropping but still nice to have if you're a Zelda fan.

OT: I just had to look at the title and I was already throwing my wallet at the screen. I had considered getting the Japanese book a while back but 1. It's all in Japanese and 2. It's around $100. But hey, I'll buy this for 35 bucks. I'm a sucker for books like that. I'll even pre-order it so I won't forget about it.