The Escapist Expo Gets a Movie

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
The Escapist Expo Gets a Movie

Check out the Expo's first promo video, featuring zombies, lasers, and joysticks. Oh my!

Fact: The Escapist Expo is going to be so awesome that words won't do it justice.
Also Fact: The Escapist understands this, and has therefore made a promo video to accommodate.
Also Also Fact: You should watch it.

[video=6198]

The Escapist Expo is just around the corner now, coming to Durham, NC in (gasp) less than a month(!) September 14th - 16th. If you haven't gotten around to registering for the event, www.escapistexpo.com. [http://www.escapistexpo.com/events]

We've also opened up registration [http://www.escapistexpo.com/register] for all of the con's events, like our huge assortment of Magic: The Gathering competitions, videgogame competitions, and cosplay fashion show. Sign-ups for events like Chest High Walls outdoor laser tag and Humans vs. Zombies will be available onsite.

We'll see you there!

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008

That looks pretty damn awesome! Hope everyone has fun there, would be there myself but I've got one more year before Uni so I'll be at school durring the Expo. Deffinately gonna aim to do next year (assuming there is a next year).

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
Want to go so bad!
Wonder if anyone would notice if I disappeared for 3 days with no explanation.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Question: when will our tickets/passes be sent out? I'm trucking a whole load of people who have already bought weekend passes and requested them be sent by mail and so far no one has recieved them. . .

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
cricket chirps said:
Question: when will our tickets/passes be sent out? I'm trucking a whole load of people who have already bought weekend passes and requested them be sent by mail and so far no one has recieved them. . .
Should be going out this week, I believe.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
cricket chirps said:
._. that was extremly fast response time. :D I am very thankful! Off to tell the friends!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Man, I wish I could go (hell, I got an awesome boyfriend through you guys, the least I can do is attend your convention). But alas, I can't travel there nor afford a hotel.

So, take tons of pictures! And maybe video.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Isn't that cutting it a bit close for those of us who opted in for mailing our passes? the expo is in what? 2 more weeks?

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I'll be there!

....in spirit. It's a shame I was apparently born in the wrong country for every event ever.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Danm, it sound like there will be ALOT of people coming to the Expo! I want to play some zombie or lazer tag games!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Treaos Serrare said:
Susan Arendt said:
Isn't that cutting it a bit close for those of us who opted in for mailing our passes? the expo is in what? 2 more weeks?
It's three weeks out. And if you don't get it in time, no worries - just bring your ID and your registration code to the registration desk, and we'll hook you up.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Pffft, bring it to Blighty, then we can talk about awesome. :D
We're great at holding big events, plus we have the BROVENGERS (most of them anyway).

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Boudica said:
Evil Smurf said:
if the sales die, at least we can blame @Kross:
Don't we blame him for everything, anyway? He, the bringer of Bieber and of spinny things.
You are very correct, I even blame him for the TF2 MvM matchmaking fiasco. Those spinny things are so fun though.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Boudica said:
Evil Smurf said:
if the sales die, at least we can blame @Kross:
Don't we blame him for everything, anyway? He, the bringer of Bieber and of spinny things.
The Bieber and the spinny things are [user]Thynameismud[/user]'s creation actually.

EDIT: I'm not saying that you CAN'T blame Kross though. By all means, go right on ahead >:p