Wii U Details Will Surface on September 13

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Wii U Details Will Surface on September 13

Reggie Fils-Aime will reveal Wii U information to "change the future of gaming."

Say what you will about Nintendo's upcoming Wii U console, but there's never been anything quite like it before. Part tablet, part asynchronous multiplayer machine, and part traditional console, the Wii U is arguably an even bigger risk for the Big N than the original Wii, which emerged as a dark horse to didn't reveal much [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_wars#Worldwide_sales_figures_6] in the way of pertinent Wii U pricing or release date information, but that may change on September 13 when an NYC media event promises to impart some earthshaking new information on the console - or possibly just its release date and price.

Reggie Fils-Aime, president of Nintendo of America, will oversee the conference, and has some extremely high hopes for it. According to Fils-Aime, the event will clarify "more about how the Wii U will change the future of gaming and entertainment." While the idea that the Wii U can radically change the gaming landscape is likely just part of the conference's spectacle, Nintendo essentially did just that with the Wii. Given that the company has already played a significant part in drawing women, young children, senior citizens, and casual gamers into the gaming fold, however, it's not clear exactly what's left to revolutionize.

A solid price and a definitive release date seem like good bets for what Fils-Aime will end up discussing at the event, given that Nintendo is on target to deliver the Wii U by 2012's holiday season. Anything beyond that - like, say, something that could change the future of gaming - will have to wait until next month.

Source: GameSpot [http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-holding-wii-u-event-sept-13-6392347]

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
This time the competitors are following quicker. MS's smartglass thing is probably going to compete well with most aspects of the WiiU. If they can get it to work with the other two major OSes outside there own just about everyone will have a pre-purchased peripheral right there in their pockets.

Keslen

I don't care about titles.
Jan 23, 2010
Can it reliably be enjoyed without the etch-a-sketch wannabe it's foolishly being marketed alongside? That's the only question I need answered definitively before I can make up my mind whether or not I'll be purchasing this console.

I really hope so! Even after the massive regret I experienced after purchasing the 3DS, it would be a shame to be forced to let go of the Nintendo consoles after all the joy they have brought me in the past.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Oh, I can't wait for this. September 13th...Hopefully Nintendo won't pull a Sega Saturn (I think it was the Saturn...Surprise! You can buy one right now!). I doubt they will but I can't wait to find out the release date and, prices. It may be a commercial bomb but the fact remains that this will grant me my Zelda, Mario and, Donkey Kong fixes (plus my many other fixes). That release isn't going to be soon enough for me.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Good, hopefully this will stop those annoying ass rumours about the Wii U's specs. One minute it's not as good as the current consoles, the next it's far better. It's getting annoying.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Sleekit said:
It's not the console itself people are interested in. Its whether or not the Wii U's controller is as gimmicky as the Wii-Mote was. People will continue to talk about it until its release, you're going to have to accept that. Its what Nintendo marketed to vigorously and now that they have our attention, they've shown us very mundane things that can be done with it. The console itself is known to be the equivalent of the PS3 and 360 in power so we already know the kind of graphic we're getting, and we know most of the launch title already.

There's not much besides a price and the ACTUAL quality of the tablet controller's functions. And we know that it has a standard controller, but that won't help if the Tablet is crappily jammed into games that don't need it like the majority if Wii games had going on with the Wii-Mote.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
I just hope people don't throw another tantrum if Nintendo doesn't show off every franchise they have. The amount of bile thrown at Nintendo during E3 was embarrassing.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Good, hopefully this will stop those annoying ass rumours about the Wii U's specs. One minute it's not as good as the current consoles, the next it's far better. It's getting annoying.
Yeah, that's been incredibly annoying. I think I have heard that it's not quite as strong as the 360, about the same as 360, twice and 6 times stronger. Soon we'll only be hearing rumours of a new Xbox and a new PlayStation.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I can't wait till it comes out!
No, no, no, I don't want it, I just don't want to hear about it.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I want it. I want it like a teenage girl wants sparkly vampire to stalk her.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Finally some hard facts.
Everyone has just been speculating so far over everything about his console so finally we can stop whining and say "This we know, this is still a bit unclear."