Rockstar Reveals More Grand Theft Auto V Screens

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Rockstar Reveals More Grand Theft Auto V Screens

Another day, another ridiculously hot Grand Theft Auto V screen to gawk at - three of them, in fact.

There's not a whole lot to say about these screens. It's the lighter, leisure side of thug life: skydiving, motorcross racing and some fun in the sun on a private tennis court behind a glorious Mediterranean-style mansion. I'm starting to think that maybe people who say that crime doesn't pay aren't telling me the whole story.

[gallery=875]

The new screens are utterly glorious and, in keeping with fine GTA tradition, hint at some of the slightly more exotic things you'll be able to do in Rockstar's upcoming crime classic - "exotic" in the sense that driving Italian supercars in a Grand Theft Auto game is kind of ho-hum these days. Been there, done that.

Source: Rockstar [http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/38221/leisure.html]

keiskay

Nov 18, 2011
so i wonder how they are gonna make it so the game can look that pretty and massive without setting any console or PC on fire.

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
Looking more and more like San Andreas level of activities as time goes on. Really looking forward to this.

Alistair_Darkheart

Dec 20, 2010
The parachute makes me think of Just Cause 2... which is an awesome game, but I'm not sure if I want a GTA version of it.

Still, we'll see when the games released how it plays out.

Al.

hello1992

Mar 5, 2012
Alistair_Darkheart said:
The parachute makes me think of Just Cause 2... which is an awesome game, but I'm not sure if I want a GTA version of it.

Still, we'll see when the games released how it plays out.

Al.
GTA: San Andreas had parachutes, SA also didn't need to sacrifice content for graphic quality.

alik44

Sep 11, 2010
Show me all the screens you like Rockstar but that shits not gonna fly with me. i need some game play footage to get my tassels in a bunch.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
GonzoGamer said:
"Cousin! Let's go play tennis."
*click
"Cousin!...Cousin?
What?

OT: Pretty screens make me very happy but a trailer and release would make me even happier :)

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
I'm gonna be the kill-joy here and point out that because of the old man console tech holding games back, GTA V will not be as good as it could potentially be. Lots of corners will have been cut, I'm telling you that right now, especially if they're going with this level of high graphical quality.

Tell me this game is at least 20 GB in size Rockstar, and just maybe I'll be happier.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Me likey... This is probably my favourite set of screens released so far. you can tell the most (albeit still a small amount) from them.

One thing I like is the middle one of the tennis players. Some things look pretty low texture, while still looking very pretty. whereas the closeup of the bikes is very high texture. Makes me think they have a good engine for detail versus distance rendering.

But all that technical thinking pails in comparison to the fact that I now know I can fly fighter jets like a madman again and parachute out instead of landing... like a boss.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
Do we have a release date for this yet? Just curious because I swear there was an announcement trailer around this time last year.

As for the pics they look nice, there's some bits which could do with a bit of tidying but otherwise there great.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
So much better than New York City (more like "Old York City") clones.