Vintage Housing

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I think "Downton Abbey" saves money by having the actors not wear pants too. Though that show's actually filmed on a sound stage in Swansea, and the period buildings are just green screened in post.

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
Vintage Housing sounds like how an estate agent would describe a hole in the ground.

Appropos snake oil.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
This seemed like an extremely pricey shoot. It was a good video, but having to rent a location and costumes... You guys really went all out for our amusement!

I'm flattered. Thank you.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
thenumberthirteen said:
I think "Downton Abbey" saves money by having the actors not wear pants too. Though that show's actually filmed on a sound stage in Swansea, and the period buildings are just green screened in post.
Which begs the question, why didn't you green screen the 1900's after finding out how much shooting on location started to cost?

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Dooly95 said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Which begs the question, why didn't you green screen the 1900's after finding out how much shooting on location started to cost?
We thought about it!

Daeggreth

Oct 22, 2009
Dooly95 said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Because they are damn classy!

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
From what I've learned in this video it is safe to assume that anytime we have seen Paul only been filmed from the waist up it means that he was nude!

Man, you guys put huge amounts of work into this one just for the proper "look" // Note To Self: If I come across vintage clothing in the LRR crews size buy them and ship them over to the Moonbase

-M

The Random One

May 29, 2008

Paul? Is this you?

Man, how come Kathleen had to wash the clothes, this is rampant sexist etc etc etc.

I think it helps the overall feel of the sketch to know that even the camera crews were wearing period clothing. That's the kind of service you don't get from a major Hollywood movie! Not since Hitchcock died anyway.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
The Random One said:

Paul? Is this you?

Man, how come Kathleen had to wash the clothes, this is rampant sexist etc etc etc.

I think it helps the overall feel of the sketch to know that even the camera crews were wearing period clothing. That's the kind of service you don't get from a major Hollywood movie! Not since Hitchcock died anyway.
Probably because the camera crew also double as actors for other scenes :p

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
From what I heard, prop room clothes go unwashed for months (i once saw an asian drama and on the emperors robe a cockroach ran by)

Anyways, loved the hard work you guys put in!

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I'm not a germaphobe, but after that bit about washing the dress, I'd be bathing in hospital grade disinfectant for a week.

Need to do a video where they have an excuse to wear stovepipe hats.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
So ... excessive number of buttons = "you're so bad at foreplay, I'm gonna force you to take my clothes off slowly?"
XD