Rumor: The World Ends With You iOS Port Due This Year

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Rumor: The World Ends With You iOS Port Due This Year

That mysterious The World Ends With You countdown may be for an iOS port. Cue tears.

Square Enix may have ruined the surprise lurking behind the The World Ends With You countdown discovered last week. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119162-Mysterious-The-World-Ends-With-You-Countdown-Begins] According to an official listing for an updated version of the game's soundtrack, the highly acclaimed DS JRPG will be appearing on iOS this year. References to the port were removed shortly after media outlets picked up on it.

The TWENY countdown is set to reach zero this weekend. While an iOS port of the game is certainly welcome, fans desperately hoping for a sequel may want to schedule some time for uncontrollable weeping if that's all there is to it.

The soundtrack in question, titled Subarashiki Kono Sekai Crossover, includes remixed versions of the game's original tracks, as well as the TWENY tunes used in Kingdom Hearts 3 and a handful of new arrangements

This is the second time in recent weeks that Square Enix's dodgy site management has left the company looking silly. Earlier this month, the company managed to accidentally launch the PC re-release of Final Fantasy VII way ahead of schedule, [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118892-Final-Fantasy-VII-Accidentally-Re-released] leaving early purchasers with non-working copies of the game.

Ah, well. At least it's not the end of the world.

Source: Andriasang [http://andriasang.com/con2d5/twewy_ios/]

if_then_else

Apr 28, 2005
I hope they also release it for Android like they did with FF and FFIII, I heard so many good things about this game... I need me some good JRPG, but I don't have a DS.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Squeenix, why you must play with my feelings so?
Now while I'd like to have more people play this honestly amazing and well-told game, if this is only about a remake, I'll hide in a corner and cry :C

PS: Grey... shouldn't that be TWEWY? What does the N stand for in your abbrevation?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Oh please don't just be a port I really want a sequel to this game, it was absolutely fantastic, though I don't necessarily think it will be a huge hit on iOS due to it;s headcrushing depth and tendency to hurl you into the deep end immediately.

It'll still only attract it's core audience.

But, want, sequel! NOAW! D:

if_then_else said:
I hope they also release it for Android like they did with FF and FFIII, I heard so many good things about this game... I need me some good JRPG, but I don't have a DS.
I'm sure you can buy an original DS or DS lite for a pretty low price online by now? Might be a good idea there's some rgeat games on the format.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Justank said:
Kingdom Hearts 3 o_O is that a typo or did I miss something recently?
That would be Kingdom Heart 3D if I'm not mistaken. So yeah, typo.

JMPease21

Jun 11, 2010
if_then_else said:
get a 3DS and play it on that, I did.
The hard part was actually finding a copy of the game (eventually got it from Amazon for $60)

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
And that....needed a big countdown.
Because it's such a big announcement.
To have just another iOS port from Sqeenix.

why? D:

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Considering how many rumors have been flying this year with Square-Enix, I certainly hope that this one does indeed turn out to be another rumor. TWEWY was the last Square-Enix game that I thoroughly enjoyed and played through multiple times, and I see so much potential in it.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Grey Carter said:
TWENY

Kingdom Hearts 3
Typos be everywhere. This is why we don't get Ghost Pokémon to write news stories.

OT: BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH NO NO NO NO DAMN YOU SQUARE NO! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Calumon: ...I think Jack's upset. I'll get the tissues.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I guess I won't be buying that 3DS after all.
I get to hold onto my cash a little longer.

It seems when I actually want to throw money at Square,
they do everything in their power to discourage me.

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
I literally have no interest playing the DS game on an iOS device. But I will probably buy it regardless, because otherwise how will they know that people still care?

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Wait, how would they implement the top screen? This is going to be a head scratcher, that's for sure.

CAPTCHA: Which one is smallest?

I vote for the iPhone.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
If they're counting down to a port, then I'm going to be so disappointed. I want a sequel to one of my favourite DS games!