Microsoft Drops a Deal on Borderlands 2

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Microsoft Drops a Deal on Borderlands 2

Gamers who preorder Borderlands 2 from the Microsoft Store will get a $10 coupon and 1600 free Microsoft points.

So you've decided that you want to head back to Pandora for a second round of hot shoot-and-loot action, and the machine you want to take that ride on is the trusty Xbox 360. Having reached that point, you might want to direct your attention the Microsoft Store, where they've put together a pretty sweet deal for anyone who ponies up a preorder on Borderlands 2.

From now until the game launches on September 18, anyone who preorders the game from the Microsoft Store at the regular price of $59.99 will receive a coupon for $10 off your next purchase, as well as 1600 Xbox points, enough to buy two (I think) Borderlands 2 DLC releases when they come around. That's on top of access to the Borderlands 2 "Premiere Club," the standard preorder bonus package that includes the Gearbox Gun Pack, a key to a "Golden Sanctuary Loot Chest," the Vault Hunter's Relic and the Mechromancer character class that will only be available post-launch via paid DLC.

Some terms and conditions apply - limit one per customer, coupon cannot be used for the purchase of Borderlands 2, that sort of thing - but if you're going to buy it for the 360 anyway, this looks like an awfully good way to go about it. Get all the details at microsoftstore.com [http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/pd/productID.242704300?siteID=te1Fq2FCseg-NZGfb0LG9B7On.Ne3Q6ymQ].

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
So get $30 back for buying it basically. Huh. And today I learned there's a Microsoft store, so that's nice. Now I just need to decide if I want to get it for 360 or PC.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
There's a Microsoft store? I've played on Xbox/360 for over a decade, and I'm just now hearing of this.

Too bad I'm already getting the Ultimate Loot Chest edition, getting the game basically half off would have been nice.

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
Too bad its out of stock already. Oh well. Still got mine pre-ordered at gamestop, can't wait for it to be out.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
What I take away from this is that Gearbox was probably approached by M$ to do exclusive DLC, Kinect crap, etc. and got shot down because they are IMO philosophically against that kind of exclusionary marketing gimmick stuff.

So since they couldn't secure sales domination by tossing cash around that way, they decided to outright bribe the customers to get BLT on their platform as opposed to PS3 from what is apparently a brand new store or a well kept secret one.

Microsoft just doesn't know how to react to a game that is universally supported on multiple platforms. Unless they can throw money at something they didn't do their job apparently.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
It sounds like they are afraid of the PC version looking too good compared to the 360 version. Better grab those customers while they can, because the Steam integration isn't going to make the LIVE version look good.

That and the fact that it eventually will be $10 on Steam. Though if you're waiting for that sale, you probably don't give a damn about buying it at new prices anyway.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Too bad I got my copy free with my 600 series Nvidia card.
GenGenners said:
The hell is the 'Microsoft Store'?
Also this, I wasn't aware of any Microsoft store.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
It's worth noting that Resident Evil 6, Metal of Honor Warfighter, Need for Speed Most Wanted Limited Edition, and likely some others have the same deal.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
It's sad that I don't have money nor the interest in buying it for Xbox... worst case scenario, I'll wait till it gets it's GOTY edition and a massive discount through Steam.

Captcha: Exercise More. I'm fat, I know... I hate you captcha! :(

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Yeah, can't help but feel I'll hold out for a sale on Steam, but at the same time, if I did want it on release, I can't help but think $40 off wouldn't make me want to allow the GFWL virus back into my PC.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
I'm actually surprised they haven't paid to have DLC first like they do with other games. They're actually giving something to the consumer which is a new twist for them in a good way.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
If you already have Borderlands 1 on Steam, you can get a bundle with your friends that amounts to about $41 each.