11-Year-Old Working on Epic Metroid Outfit

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
11-Year-Old Working on Epic Metroid Outfit

No matter how big of a Metroid fan you are, this kid is a bigger one, and his dad is helping him make a Samus costume that is cooler than anything you could construct.

Joseph DeRose has a dream: to create a completely badass Samus Aran costume that looks as close to the real thing as possible. Of course, being eleven-years-old, Joseph enlisted the help of his dad, Tony, in the outfit's construction. The first piece the team has completed, seen here, is a faithful recreation of Samus's arm cannon.

As you can see, the cannon looks (and sounds!) great, thanks to the LED lights and speakers Joseph and his dad have inserted. The other parts of the project include the helmet, shoulder/chest armor, and body/legs/gloves/shoe details. According to the project's website, work on the shoulder and chest costuming has begun, but the other pieces still need to be started.

Father/son craft projects are always a great way for parents and kids to bond, but they rarely result in stuff that's as neat as this is turning out to be. Obviously, the compete set of armor won't be ready in time for Halloween, but that arm cannon is solid enough to be a great costume on its own. Congratulations, Joseph, on an epic project and being added to the Escapist's Wall of Costume Fame!

Source: Joystiq

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
And then his classmates remembered that Samus is a girl.

That might be the most awesome cosplay item I've ever seen, and that includes the Steampunk x-men... Even the vodka dispensing wheelchair.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Hah! See? There ARE awesome children gamers.

Makes my attempt a creating a convincing Scout Costume look like, dare I say it "child's play?"

Hahahahahah!

What? Don't look at me like that.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Most epic example of cross dressing ever. Hope he finishes it before he grows out of it. Kids really spurt upwards at about that age.

Timzilla

Mar 26, 2010
Yo, I got's to give mad props to this little hommie...

But yeah, looks pretty cool. I wish I had his determination.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
That is a coolest dad ever, mad props to the kid! It would be awesome if they could finish in time for Halloween, but still, cool stuff broskie!

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
That is quite possibly the best, most awesome thing I've seen in a long time. Props to him and his dad though for doing something like this.

[sub]I'm still waiting for my train set table in the attic. Ah, memories...[/sub]

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Love how the kid does his own recoil movement when demonstrating the shooty sounds.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
GamingAwesome1 said:
Hah! See? There ARE awesome children gamers.

Makes my attempt a creating a convincing Scout Costume look like,

*Sunglasses*

"child's play?"

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!
*Fixed*

niceguy191

Mar 11, 2010
And yet when I uploaded a video of the elaborate costume I made my son so he could cross-dress child services paid a visit... :D

Seriously though, that's pretty sweet even if no other part of the costume gets done.