King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
#110: Stuck in the Middle With You

And they run when the sun comes up
With their lives on the line.

Read Full Article

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Oh, that old trick. Next time we will see gunny completely fine and Sephi-raid-ahim will have either stabbed someone else or been stabbed himself

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I want Gunny getting impaled by a sword in every game to be a running gag.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
I'm hoping for this [http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=042913].

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I'm occasionally having difficulty following some of the movements of objects and characters in the EDA panels. What was the name for those lines artists draw to emphasize movement (you get them behind things like speeding objects or surrounding characters who are trembling in the cold)? They can't just be called "movement lines", surely? That's got piss-all ring to it. There's sometimes a lot more going on for the eye to follow in the EDA comics, so maybe that contributes to the problem, or maybe it's the thickness of the lines causing too many objects to stand out. I know next to nothing about drawing comics beyond the occasional stickman, so I'm just throwing spaghetti at the wall at this point.

Maphysto

Dec 11, 2010
NPC009 said:
That's pretty much exactly what I imagine happening on the next page.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
CyanCat47 said:
Oh, that old trick. Next time we will see Gunny completely fine and Sephi-raid-ahim will have either stabbed someone else or been stabbed himself.
No, he impaled Gunny, but he impaled him through the whole of his previous impalement wound, so it didn't do much damage.

Apr 17, 2009
Wait, top right panel, whats happening? Looks like Gunny's grabbing one of the artistically flying artillery shells and hiding it behind his back. This some ploy where he lets himself get stabbed so he can punch a king-sized bullet through his enemy?

talker

Nov 18, 2011
For a second there I thought the crewman inside the bisected tank was a shot of Gunny inside his suit. Now I'm wondering if a midget with basic accommodation inside a massive suit of power armour has been done before.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
That guy inside the tank is just not having a great day.

Barbas said:
I'm occasionally having difficulty following some of the movements of objects and characters in the EDA panels. What was the name for those lines artists draw to emphasize movement (you get them behind things like speeding objects or surrounding characters who are trembling in the cold)? They can't just be called "movement lines", surely? That's got piss-all ring to it.
iirc I think they're just called motion lines.

But yeah, it is a bit difficult to see what's going on when first looking at it; my eyes have had to "adjust" to the comic on more than one occasion. The weird thing is, there ARE motion lines in this particular page, they're just hard to notice for some reason. Perhaps it has something to do with the colors, or maybe they aren't exaggerated enough.

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
NPC009 said:
Just wanna note that Cloud did exactly this to Sephiroth in Last Order: FFVII.

Also: Apples and girlie mags. Part of any balanced breakfast.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
CyanCat47 said:
Oh, that old trick. Next time we will see gunny completely fine and Sephi-raid-ahim will have either stabbed someone else or been stabbed himself
Or option three, Pretty Boy has successfully stabbed Gunny...

...through Gunny's existing energy sword wound, which Gunny is completely fine with.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
fix-the-spade said:
CyanCat47 said:
Or option three, Pretty Boy has successfully stabbed Gunny...

...through Gunny's existing energy sword wound, which Gunny is completely fine with.
quite possible but the blade seems to be HF sinceitcuts through tanks so easily. HF blades can usually destroy supposedly indestructible metals in fiction, meaning that all daedalus has to do is twist the blade around and zig-zag it inside gunny's chest until he takes out all the spare organs

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I think everything I was going to say has already been said in this thread.

More than anything else, though, I'm really looking forward NOTsephiroth getting his ass handed to him by an archer. I really hope the next one just shows the sword guy with that shell gunny grabbed sticking out of either his mouth or his ass. I really hate sephiroth.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
If this sequence results in more references to Metal Gear Rising; Revengance then it will all be worth it.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Wait, top right panel, whats happening? Looks like Gunny's grabbing one of the artistically flying artillery shells and hiding it behind his back. This some ploy where he lets himself get stabbed so he can punch a king-sized bullet through his enemy?
Yeah, that's what it looks like.