GameStop Selling LittleBigPlanet Vita Now

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
GameStop Selling LittleBigPlanet Vita Now

LittleBigPlanet Vita is now on sale at GameStop despite a September 25th release date.

Though the Vita iteration of LittleBigPlanet isn't due out until September 25th, everyone's favorite retailer GameStop is selling it a little early. As in, right now. A quick trip to my local GameStop confirmed this, as I was able to pick up my reserved copy of the game.

A GameStop employee told me that LittleBigPlanet didn't have a street date in the retailer's computer, which allowed it to sell the game as soon as it came in. Oddly enough, GameStop's website still lists a Sept. 25th release date [http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/littlebigplanet/91438]; Amazon and Best Buy have the same release date posted.

According to Sony, LittleBigPlanet's release date hasn't changed, but there's no telling how GameStop's sales will affect other retailers' decisions to sell their copies. It's possible this was all caused by a simple misunderstanding or computer error, and GameStop may opt to stop selling early copies of the game once it's sorted out. As of right now, though, LittleBigPlanet Vita is available, so if you don't want to wait another week and a half, that's your best bet.

Source: Polygon [http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/14/3333594/littlebigplanet-ps-vita-available-today-at-gamestop]

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Wish they would do that with Persona 4 the Golden, send all the shipped copies out early.
You're not the only one thinking that, bub.

OT: I thought this was coming out sometime in the Holiday season. Maybe I should check some reviews to see how well it holds up to the PS3 version.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
neonsword13-ops said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Wish they would do that with Persona 4 the Golden, send all the shipped copies out early.
You're not the only one thinking that, bub.

OT: I thought this was coming out sometime in the Holiday season. Maybe I should check some reviews to see how well it holds up to the PS3 version.
So far the reviews have pretty much been entirely positive, most even saying that it's somewhat better than LBP2. I just can't wait for it to come out. Need more Vita games!

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Interesting, same thing happened with Gravity Rush...or at least my local EB gave it to me a week prior to release. I wish they'd have straddled to releases of some Vita games a little more though, October is WAY too cluttered with releases that it may negatively impact some games.

I mean god damn; Persona 4, Ragnarok Odyssey, SFxT, AC3:L, Sly Cooper, Playstation All-Stars, Silent Hill. Fuck, Sony should have released SOME of those games in late August - September. Cramming them all in one month doesn't give them time to breath, with loads of other high profile releases around October to hell November.

My friend will be pleased of this though. So far the game has been praised across the board which is good. The Vita is just a perfect fit for creative type games like LBP.

Also regarding Vita games; can I get a damn localization for Ys: Celceta please? Cmon XSEED, you my bros, get working on that localization pronto!! Same with Second Chapter and Zero no Kiseki...please?

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
"Whats that? Agreed sales dates for fair competition? Screw that." - GameStop.

As if they would suddenly forget games have release dates... come on. What a weak excuse. Someone knew.

Andrewtheeviscerator

It's Leviosahhhhhhh
Feb 23, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
Agreed.That its not out yet is the only thing keeping me from getting a Vita, well that and the fact that I'm a poor university student.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
That's kinda cool i guess. It would be good for the customers if publishers stoped making retailers hold sales after they get the games.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Literally found out about this from here, left 10 minutes later and got my copy. :D

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
Y'know, I'd rather wait for the offical relelase date and pickup call... I'm currently trying to plug a very big gaping hole in my gaming history, I'd prefer to finish that before starting yet another game.

In short... I need to finish Portal.

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
Sneaky, but very smart on Gamestop's part! Don't have a Vita, but for those who do, enjoy this early treat!

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
This was actually surprising and not so much at the same time. When I went to work today (At gameStop), they told me the exact same thing: "You can sell LBP now". The computer DID show it was gonna be released the 25th and that's not a tentative date. It's the same reason why Borderlands 2 is not for sale yet. Tentative dates are something like 01/01/2014 like you would see for Dead Space 3 or Watch Dogs or anything that has been announced/confirmed but has no official or nearby release date.

Also, we do get said games probably a week before its release. That's not just games like LBP or CoW or whatever, but probably like 90% of the games we get (There are also inexplicable exceptions, like The Last Story, which all local stores got like 3 days after its release).

So it sounds more like it was a misunderstanding that Sony allowed because whatever, the game's selling now as opposed to next week. Or maybe Sony and GS did agree on something like that since the other retailers still are not selling it?

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
GAME UK stores haven't even got any copies in yet let alone to sell atm. So the few Gamestop stores selling them in the UK have quite an advantage atm even if there are not that many of them.