Guitar Hero Goes Continental

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Guitar Hero Goes Continental

Activision gives gamers the chance to download songs from bands they've probably never heard of.

Who needs No Doubt and the Foo Fighters when you've got Sportfreunde Stiller and BB Brunes? Never heard of them? Neither have I, but apparently Activision has and is set to introduce them to Guitar Hero: World Tour fans with the release of two new downloadable song packs.

The packs, imaginatively titled the "European Track Packs," are available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii and feature artists from Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, Spain and the Netherlands playing hits from their native countries, largely in their native languages.

The tracks listings for the packs are:

European Track Pack 1

1. Sportfreunde Stiller - "'54, '74, '90, 2010" (Germany)
2. Negrita - "Mama Mae" (Italy)
3. BB Brunes - Dis Moi (France)

European Track Pack 2

1. Backyard Babies - "Degenerated" (Sweden)
2. Fito Y Fitipaldis - "Por La Boca Vive El Pez" (Spain)
3. Di-Rect - "Johnny" (The Netherlands)

The Guitar Hero franchise is no stranger to European music of course, with bands such as Lacuna Coil, Hellacopters and the Scorpions all making appearances in the past, although, crucially, all of those bands have enjoyed some degree of international success.

I suppose the real question is, do you trust Activision's taste in music or do you need more than a thumbs-up from a megacorp? Either way, Pack 1 is available for download now and Pack 2 will be released later this month.

Source: GameDaily [http://www.gamedaily.com/games/guitar-hero-world-tour/wii/game-news/guitar-hero-goes-on-european-tour]

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
If there aren't any other continents, its not really World Tour, now is it?

but I wouldn't buy the songs unless I already heard them.

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
I'm just waiting for either one of them to release a Crowded House pack.

Hopefully Rock Band.

TomNook

Feb 21, 2008
Isn't the whole point of this game to "play" songs with bands you know and love?

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
And STILL they don't release excellent power metal like Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, etc. etc.

I can only play classic rock and sub-par modern rock so many times before I get tired of it all. Oh, wait, I already am tired of it all.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
The German One by Sportfreunde Stiller sucks and should be boring to play. So pass on that. Also, it is about the football ("soccer") world cup, so People from England would be pissed, and Americans wouldn't care.
(Give us German Powermetal, like Edguy and Blind Guardian!)