Persona 4: Golden Goes Gold In November

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Persona 4: Golden Goes Gold In November

The best-selling Japanese Vita game is heading Westward.

Atlus has announced that Persona 4: Golden, the upgraded Vita re-release of the original PS2 RPG, will be reaching North American shores on November 20th. Both the standard version and the fancy "Solid Gold Premium Edition" will be available.

The Solid Gold edition includes a Hori face cover and "hard pouch," as well as a protective skin and set of stickers. All the swag is done out in bright yellow and decorated with the game's trademark, Louis Vuitton-esque patterns. Only 10,000 units have been made and they're retailing for $69.99 a pop.

Persona 4: Golden (previously, Persona 4: The Golden) started out as a PSP port in the same vein as Persona 3 Portable. According to series director, Katsura Hashino, he wanted Persona 4: Golden to be a straight upgrade of the original PS2 version, which prompted a switch to the stronger Vita hardware.

The fancy new Vita version of the title promises more events, around 1.5 times the amount of voiced dialogue, a bike (excitement!) a new opening movie, more personas and a new character. Unfortunately, unlike Persona 3: Portable, Persona 4: Golden won't add a female version of the main protagonist.

Source: IGN [http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/18/persona-4-golden-release-date-announced?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ign%2Farticles+%28IGN+All+Articles%29]

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Hm? I though they were all sold out... is there still hope?

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Buretsu said:
Somebody buy me a Vita, I want to play this game.
I got a vita just for this game. I unfortunately lack the absurdly expensive memory cards though

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
Damn, Amazon tricked me into believing I had enough money pre-order it and get it shipped to Norway
Still, this is one of the reasons I bought the Vita, so I just have to wait a bit more.
Sadly the Solid Gold Edition goes for 180USD on Amazon, so that's out of the question.

But buy the game I will.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
While we're at it, we'll add

"Multiple new social links,

a new extended epilogue,

and

a new dungeon with a new boss"

to that list.

It looks great as far as enhanced editions go, but unfortunately... I have no intention of procuring a vita. It's really too bad, as I wouldn't hesitate to get it on the PS3, though Sony's reasoning (and I firmly believe it was Sony's decision) for vita exclusivity is obvious.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
All I will be thinking about when I'm playing this game in English is the hiimdaisy comic.

"SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE JUST ORDERED A STUPID LOOKING BOSS! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-oww."

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
Any word on a European release yet? I can't find a date for that anywhere.
Or are we getting screwed over again? I bet we are.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
By god I hope this arrives in the mail here before I fly out to Japan on Dec 6. That's gonna be a long plane flight and I want this for it. I don't want to regret waiting for the English version!

Aiddon said:
The Vita now has another game worth playing. Too bad it's not much better than a port.
Sony had a pre-TGS press conference today and revealed several new original titles for the Vita to come out in the next 6 months. They also said that their main conference will have 27 unknown titles for the Vita to be announced. The Vita is finally picking up steam and it's hopefully going to be all uphill from here.

Spydercake

Oct 29, 2010
Woohoo. Only need November to hit!
That reminds me, I need to finish my FeMC run of P3P...
Edit: ^ Wait wait wait wait wait... 27 NEW TITLES? Oh god I hope one is a monster hunter title.
Also want a 999 port....

Cally Rivers

Feb 16, 2011
VanQQisH said:
By god I hope this arrives in the mail here before I fly out to Japan on Dec 6. That's gonna be a long plane flight and I want this for it. I don't want to regret waiting for the English version!

Aiddon said:
The Vita now has another game worth playing. Too bad it's not much better than a port.
Sony had a pre-TGS press conference today and revealed several new original titles for the Vita to come out in the next 6 months. They also said that their main conference will have 27 unknown titles for the Vita to be announced. The Vita is finally picking up steam and it's hopefully going to be all uphill from here.
Wasn't that the main Sony conference? I didn't realise it was just the pre-conference. When is the main if so? Cheers! :)

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Cally Rivers said:
VanQQisH said:

Aiddon said:
Wasn't that the main Sony conference? I didn't realise it was just the pre-conference. When is the main if so? Cheers! :)
That was just Sony's pre-show for TGS. They do it every year. I'm not entirely certain when the main event is, but I'll let you know if I find out.