Slender Man Returns to PC for Commercial Release

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Slender Man Returns to PC for Commercial Release

Parsec Productions and Blue Isle Studios team up for the official re-imagining of Slender.

If you're a horror fan, Slender probably gave you nightmares a short while ago. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/9876-Slender-Review] If you managed to escape the Slender Man last time around, be warned: Parsec Productions and Blue Isle Studios have teamed up to bring Slender: The Arrival out as a commercial release.

This is an "official re-imagining" of the original, according to Blue Isle. It will have more content, more levels, improved visuals and a few other tweaks, but Blue Isle says it retains the "same terrifying gameplay." So don't expect to have your flashlight replaced with a flamethrower; you'll still be a poor unfortunate trying to avoid the sinister Slender Man.

As to what else the game may offer, Blue Isle isn't providing any hints ... not yet anyway, though Blue Isle would encourage you to pay attention to their website [http://blueislestudios.com/announcing-slender-the-arrival/] for further updates. This will be a PC title, but exactly how much, or when, is a mystery. "In the coming months" is as much of a release date as Blue Isle is willing to give at this point.

Source: Slender: The Arrival [http://www.slenderarrival.com/]

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
If all they did was improve controls and graphics I'd be pretty happy. However I feel the addition of minimap, health/slender bars or even a hud in general will take away from the experience.

Wish the project the best of luck.

Jhooud

Someone's Dad
Nov 29, 2011
Blazing Steel said:
If all they did was improve controls and graphics I'd be pretty happy. However I feel the addition of minimap, health/slender bars or even a hud in general will take away from the experience.

Wish the project the best of luck.

I'm hoping from what they've said they're trying to do - more content, more levels, improved visuals and other tweaks - that they wouldn't spoil it by including any more traditional "gamey" things.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with!

eternal-chaplain

Mar 17, 2010
If you include what has been put up on Steam Greenlight, this is- what? The third Slender Man game to come out this month? I don't even...

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
They should add a gun to this game
Not to kill or even slow down slender man, but rather to give false sense of safety that will shatter after you load a full clip into slender man and realize that that bullets have no effect on it.

joonsk

Feb 26, 2011
blackrave said:
They should add a gun to this game
Not to kill or even slow down slender man, but rather to give false sense of safety that will shatter after you load a full clip into slender man and realize that that bullets have no effect on it.
I had an idea like that too. It would also be fun if slendy would get even more aggresive when you fire your gun.

I am interrested in this game, I hope it will be good.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
Hopefully they make it much much better. The game did not scare me in the slightest. In fact it made me laugh because of the unmoving slenderman model.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
rhizhim said:
wow. re-imagined like actually being scary and having an ending that makes this whole thing not a waste of time?[sub]you die anyways[/sub]
The whole point of Slenderman is the utter futility of escaping. In-universe, characters who have "escaped" Slenderman up to this point are still being stalked.

I have immense doubts that you'll get away in the end.

As for "actually being scary", you're not easily paranoid, so don't bother playing.

Lucas Auraelius

WARNING: Cartoon Violence
Feb 25, 2009
As long as Slender: The Arrival mentions vlogs in the mythos like Marble Hornets, Strange Aeons, or Tribe Twelve, its okay by me.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Im cool with it, a shitload of these horror indie games look and play like shit so its nice to one of them "evolve" into an actual game

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Karloff said:
If you're a horror fan, Slender probably gave you nightmares a short while ago.
I am a horror fan, but the only thing, that Slender made me was fall asleep in boredom. It wasn't scary and the gameplay was minimal.
Granted, the visuals were nice for a small and free game and the gameplay worked somewhat as "proof of concept", but I doubt that a full game can be based on that.

However, SCARY it wasn't by any strech of the imagination. You had only ONE enemy in the entire game and you could outrun that one without issues and if you just ignored him all the time, you were safe all the damn time. (And 'jump scares' aren't scary, they are a cheap way to shock you for a moment but they aren't anything horror-related as EVERY game can have them.)

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
RobfromtheGulag said:
I hope a certain song is included in the game...
OPE GANGNAM STYLE!

This new slender game will probably be good, i'l watch pewdie play it, then probably buy it...

Broderick

May 25, 2010
CharrHearted said:
RobfromtheGulag said:
I hope a certain song is included in the game...
OPE GANGNAM STYLE!

This new slender game will probably be good, i'l watch pewdie play it, then probably buy it...
Well that would be funny, I think he/she meant "Gimme 20 dollars".

As for the topic, I think a re imagining of the game could be cool, I don't think they could do much with it to be honest though. The game play is rather minimal, and unless they added puzzle elements like penumbra or amnesia, the game could get rather samey quite quick.