Something Special This Way Comes for FemShep

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Something Special This Way Comes for FemShep

BioWare is playing coy about FemShep's fate in the new Mass Effect collection.

When Mass Effect 3 didn't feature FemShep on the box art, fans were upset and vocal enough about it to force a change of heart [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115973-BioWare-Splits-Difference-with-Reversible-FemShep-Mass-Effect-3-Cover] and FemShep got a spot on the cover after all. Yet when the latest collection was announced the protagonist box art was conspicuously heterogametic, raising the whole FemShep issue once again. When questioned, the developers responded via Twitter claiming that there were plans in store but then played coy about what they might be.

"A little something special" is in store for FemShep, claimed the Twitter feed, but it refused to go into any detail. "Stay tuned" was all the developer was prepared to say at this stage.

One thing we do know: it has nothing to do with the box art. This is completely separate, according to the Mass Effect feed. "Let's not let imaginations run too wild," the feed said, adding "it will be awesome, but it won't be earth shattering." Cool, but not heart-attack inducing; which is a reasonable target for a game developer to hit. After all, they can't sell you DLC if you're dead in your chair.

Source: Twitter feed [https://mobile.twitter.com/masseffect/tweets]

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
I kinda have this image of either a fanservice mini statue, or something equally perverted ...

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
They probably went back and recreated Default Fem Shep in the first two games. Too bad she looks like a cartoon character in-game DX

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
A special edition of erotic men's magazine Fornax, featuring the crew of the Normandy.

Includes sexy, yet tasteful nudes of Liara, Tali, Ashley, EDI, Eve, Garrus, Mordin and many more. Femshep would of course be the centerfold.

Captcha: men in suits
Nope, all buck-naked.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
rhizhim said:
why do i keep thinking about a garrus headed vibrator?
You owe me precisely one whole bar of brain-soap to get rid of the mental image you just gave me. -_-

EDIT: make that two bars.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
FEichinger said:
I kinda have this image of either a fanservice mini statue, or something equally perverted ...
Well...

Ya know, because that Liara Bishoujo statue went over so well. (not that I mind the FemShep one terribly)

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
rhizhim said:

------------
to solidify the nightmares it says something about calibrations once in a while.
Hmmm...

AH GOD DAMMIT !!!

*rolls around on floor in pain from mental image...*

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
It'd be funny if they retconned Femshep as Maleshep's sister (and vice versa for Femshep players) and gave her her own cameo in the games.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
soren7550 said:
FEichinger said:
Well...

Ya know, because that Liara Bishoujo statue went over so well. (not that I mind the FemShep one terribly)
Yeah, actually that one is pretty good. Not gonna lie.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
rhizhim said:

------------
to solidify the nightmares it says something about calibrations once in a while.
That is the best worst idea I've ever heard.

You, sir, have yourself an investor. I'll take no less than 12.5% of the profits, after taxes of course.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Maybe they finally fixed the face import for ME3? No, that would require them to acknowledge that it was a problem...

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
My money is simply redoing the box-art to be like ME 3: flippable with FemShep in MaleShep's place. Or maybe a graphics update so that you can get her to look as good as she does in ME 3. Hey, I think those freckles are cute!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
RJ 17 said:
My money is simply redoing the box-art to be like ME 3: flippable with FemShep in MaleShep's place. Or maybe a graphics update so that you can get her to look as good as she does in ME 3. Hey, I think those freckles are cute!
I actually liked the design when they originally released it, but she looks so out of place in-game. It's like she's done in a completely different art style as every other character.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
rhizhim said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:
rhizhim said:
You owe me precisely one whole bar of brain-soap to get rid of the mental image you just gave me. -_-

EDIT: make that two bars.
okay. but it is shaped like a turian. and it vibrates, too.

tickle, tickle, tickle.....
Make it stop! MAKE IT STOP!!!

I need to go play some Minecraft now. Nothing like shovelling gravel in a completely asexual pixel world to make me forget about such things.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Fappy said:
RJ 17 said:
I actually liked the design when they originally released it, but she looks so out of place in-game. It's like she's done in a completely different art style as every other character.
I've heard stuff like this a lot but I just don't see it. Seems to me she fits in just fine with the rest of the characters. Granted, in ME 2 and 3 you can have her meandering around in a dress which does indeed look out of place considering the context of the story, but still, put her in her armor and I think she looks like a badass sci-fi hero on par with - to borrow from the recent No Right Answer video - Sarah Connor and Ellen Ripely.

:p I think it's just sexist pigs like you that don't think that someone as badass as Shepard could possibly be a female! Why you hatin', bro?
(In case it wasn't obvious, this ^ statement was "said" jokingly)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
RJ 17 said:
Fappy said:
RJ 17 said:
I've heard stuff like this a lot but I just don't see it. Seems to me she fits in just fine with the rest of the characters. Granted, in ME 2 and 3 you can have her meandering around in a dress which does indeed look out of place considering the context of the story, but still, put her in her armor and I think she looks like a badass sci-fi hero on par with - to borrow from the recent No Right Answer video - Sarah Connor and Ellen Ripely.

:p I think it's just sexist pigs like you that don't think that someone as badass as Shepard could possibly be a female! Why you hatin', bro?
(In case it wasn't obvious, this ^ statement was "said" jokingly)
You're getting the wrong idea of what I meant. I too have seen that same argument, but it's not the point I am trying to make. In promo art and such she looked fine. That one fan art piece that won that contest before ME3 came out was bad ass. However, I just don't think the look translated well into the game.

I believe it could have worked, but they didn't pull it off properly. Her whole appearance to me, is completely inconsistent with how other humans in the game were designed. Even Sheploo, one of the most realistic looking human characters in the game, only really stands out because he has more dynamic facial expressions. To be fair though, I think they botched a lot of the character designs in ME3. Some characters just look... fucking weird. ME3 Miranada is a good example of this. WTF is wrong with her hair?