Mr. T Graphic Novel Now Available

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mr. T Graphic Novel Now Available

A new graphic novel starring mohawk-wearing tough guy Mr. T has been released, and he pities the fool who doesn't buy his book, read it and enjoy it.

Seriously, that's what he said: "I pity the fool who don't get my book, read it and enjoy it!" It's a bit disappointing having my obligatory "pity the fool" joke preempted, but it's all in the name of introducing the world's most famous angry mudsucker to a new generation so I'm willing to let it slide.

"Since the announcement of Barack Obama as President-elect, plans have apparently been fast-tracked for a black James Bond, a black Doctor Who, a black Captain America," said Christopher Bunting, the author of Mr. T: A Real Black Super Hero. "But what's missing is a real black hero. Mr. T, star of this new graphic novel, is just the man for the job."

But Bunting insisted that the timing of the novel's release is not an attempt to ride the coattails of Obama's success. "Don't think that we're simply jumping on the bandwagon," he said. "Mohawk Media released a Limited Advance Edition of the Mr. T graphic novel back in February 2008, and it was made clear that this worldwide edition was to follow."

The new graphic novel touches on potentially controversial topics like sex offenders, kidnapping and domestic abuse. "Because he's real, we can tackle all kinds of topical and difficult real-world issues," Bunting explained. "People can relate to Mr. T. They know what he stands for: T for tender, but if you're a bad guy, it's T for tough!"

Mr. T first gained mainstream fame as the vicious Clubber Lang in Bizarre [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084602/].

Mr. T himself is supporting the novel not only by threatening people who don't buy it with grievous bodily injury, but also by proving exclusive interviews, serving as executive editor and writing a foreword. Mr. T: A Real Black Super Hero can be ordered directly from the publisher, Mohawk Media [http://www.mohawkmedia.co.uk/store], and is also available through fine comic book stores everywhere.

Dechef

Feb 7, 2008
Malygris said:
"People can relate to Mr. T. They know what he stands for: T for tender, but if you're a bad guy, it's T for tough!"
I hope that fool was joking.

KarmicToast

Nov 11, 2008
For a video synopsis of the graphic novel, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_rBidCkJxo

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
AND DRINK YOUR MILK AND STAY IN SCHOOL!

Back in the 80's kids, Mr. T was the first bad mofo rolemodel.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Malygris said:
SHUT UP, FOOL!
I PITTY THE FOOL WHO RIPS OFF MR. T!

*ehem* sorry.

But even without reading this article and just reading the headline, I can tell that this will be awesome!......should I read the actual article?

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Well, Mr. T did an endorsement for World Of Warcraft, and look at how popular that is.
I saw an ad today for Snickers. It was on a TV in a shop so I didn't get it all, but it involved Mr. T, a chaingun that puts Sasha to shame, much pitying of fools, and Snickers.

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
He's like the black Chuck Norris...

I remember watching a re-run of the A Team and him telling me to drink milk...
Whatever, Soulja Boy got a game, at least this will be entertaining.