Mystery Star Wars Title First Assault Targets XBLA

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Mystery Star Wars Title First Assault Targets XBLA

An unintentional reveal for Star Wars First Assault suggests a Microsoft connection.

NeoGAF was the first to spot it on the Xbox Live Arcade marketplace: Star Wars First Assault, the title that until now has been a trademark [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119357-Lucasfilm-Files-Star-Wars-First-Assault-Trademark] and nothing else. This is an unintentional reveal for LucasArts, which has been unwilling to say much about the title. It even lacks a website; the one it has redirects straight to StarWars.com.

Thanks to this slip we now know it will be an XBLA title, but all else is mystery. There are some troopers blasting away at a couple of dudes failing to take cover, so it could be a shooter ... I guess ... At least we don't have reason to think it will be a Kinect title. That's got to count for something.

"It is an exciting time at our company right now," said LucasArts in an official statement, when questioned by IGN. "However we don't have any announcements at this time." So no release dates, then? 'Spose not.

Source: IGN [http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/01/star-wars-first-assault-headed-to-xbox-live]

Jhooud

Someone's Dad
Nov 29, 2011
Well, hmmm, that's not a lot to go on. Maybe some sort of link to the 1313 business? Maybe something else entirely?

*cough*

Maybe another disappointment?

*le sigh*

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
That... that looks a little like a Battlefront-esque situation... No, don't do this to me internet, don't lie to me and say there might something resembling a new Battlefront coming out!

captcha: first water
The prequel comic?

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
So let me get this straight- it's on XBLA, not PC, and the cover shows ground combat, instead of space combat, or any combination whatsoever of the two?

Oh well- at least here's a star wars game without freaking lightsabers everywhere.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
YOU BASTARDS! IT COULD'VE BEEN SOMETHING GREAT! And by that I mean a sequel to republic commando. Fuckity fuckers.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
My guess is: It's a 1st/3rd persons shooter where you fight in one of the early missions of the newly formed rebel alliance. Will also feature some quick paced multiplayer.
You heard it from me.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
If this isn't a Battlefield-esque shooter, Lucasarts, don't even bother trying to make me buy anything else from you.

Bolt-206

Dec 6, 2010
I'm still keeping my eye on this. About the only thing we know for certain is the the XBLA will have it, doesn't mean it'll be exclusive, and we're not sure about what the game contains either.
So... maybe there's the chance it'll be something good...?
albeit a slim chance...
...very slim...

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Please not another Kinect title...

If anything, I'd like a successor to the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise.