Rayman Legends Pushed to 2013

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Rayman Legends Pushed to 2013

Ubisoft officially sends Rayman Legends into the distant corner of the Wii U launch window.

Ubisoft is pushing Rayman Legends [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/6289-Rayman-Legends-Wii-U-Launch-Trailer] out of the Wii U holiday launch lineup and into the first quarter of 2013. The platformer has never had a firm release date in the US, but it seemed like a given that it would appear in time for the gift-giving rush. No new worldwide launch date has been established, but Q1 2013 ends on March 31st. Technically, if the game does indeed hit stores before that date, it will still fall within what Nintendo considers to be the launch window of its new console.

"We're happy that fans are excited about the game," Ubisoft explains in a statement on the delay. "We are taking the time to make sure we deliver a game that lives up to and hopefully exceeds their expectations."

Legends is the sequel to Rayman Origins which debuted in November 2011 to enthusiastic reviews [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/9249-Rayman-Origins-Review]. The new title was one of the first third party games revealed to be a Wii U exclusive. The upcoming console's tablet-equipped gamepad plays a big role in the game's multiplayer mode, allowing one player to manipulate parts of the game world as up to four other players cruise through the levels.

Rayman fans will undoubtedly be a bit disappointed with the news, but don't worry: Rabbids Land, ZombiU, and Assassin's Creed III are still on course for the Wii U launch. So, just in case you wanted to make sure Ubisoft gets some of your launch day dollars, you'll still be able to kick a few shekels the company's way.

Source: GameSpot [http://www.gamespot.com/news/rayman-legends-delayed-to-2013-6397897]

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
As long as the next announcement isn't "oh, if you buy Legends, maybe it'll help Beyond Good & Evil 2 come along..." I'm fine with this. ...in principle, anyway. I'm actually very sad cos this was my most anticipated Wii U game and what's the point of owning a Wii U for Assassin's Creed 3? So yeah, no, I'm dismayed, but in theory this is a very realistic decision that Ubisoft has made.

But yeah I'm crying right now for reals. RAAAYMAN NOOOOO ;-;

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
As disappointing as this is, this could help the sales of the game, if only because now it won't be competing against New Super Mario Bros U and Assassin's Creed 3 at launch.

On a personal note, this just gives me more time to save up money so I can get it at launch.

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
what about details on the single player. All i have seen has been for the multiplayer. what if no one wants to play with me, and my WII...U

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
Well, a delay to refine and add is fine. A delay to be with the "Lookitme not doing christmas" cool crowd is not. It's early enough to presume the former.

The "Launch Window" thing is still a crock.