Splinter Cell: Echoes Graphic Novel Coming Next Year

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Splinter Cell: Echoes Graphic Novel Coming Next Year

Ubisoft is turning Sam Fisher into a comic book hero.

Have you ever wondered what happened to our good friend Sam Fisher during the time between Splinter Cell: Conviction and the upcoming Splinter Cell: Blacklist? Me neither, but on the off-chance that some people might, Ubisoft is covering that base with Splinter Cell: Echoes, an upcoming graphic novel written by Nathan Edmondson and illustrated by Marc Leming.

"Splinter Cell: Echoes bridges the events of Splinter Cell: Conviction and Blacklist," Edmondson told IGN. "I can't say much more than that at this point, as Sam Fisher's path has some very interesting turns post-Conviction."

Edmondson said he came to the attention of Ubisoft by way of The Activity, a "military thriller" published by USA Today [http://www.imagecomics.com/news/89/] earlier this year, has "no sci-fi twists, no aliens, no time-travel - just grounded thriller action, bleeding-edge tech and a high-stakes journey through modern warfare."

While the book ties in directly to the videogame franichse, Edmondson said non-gamers will be able to enjoy it as well. "There's certainly some fun fan-service in there, but we treat the characters and story in the same way we would if this was our original creation," he added.

Splinter Cell: Echoes is slated for release sometime in 2013, probably not too far off the release of Splinter Cell: Blacklist [http://www.amazon.com/Clancys-Splinter-Cell-Blacklist-Playstation-3/dp/B0086V5V8G/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349981339&sr=8-1&keywords=Splinter+Cell+Blacklist], which comes out on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on March 29 of the same year.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
So presumably we'll get to see his magnificent journey to the Fountain of Youth.

anian

Sep 10, 2008
I think I've never heard an (movie/novel/game) interrogation where the question "was this a government sanctioned operation?" was asked or was, for that matter, really that relevant. On that note, it's not really a cool phrase to use.