Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut Coming Exclusively to PS3

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut Coming Exclusively to PS3

The polarizing survival horror title Deadly Premonition is getting updated graphics and controls.

Plenty of games have received mixed reviews from critics, but only one has a Guinness World Record for "Most Critically Polarizing Survival Horror Game." That game is Deadly Premonition, which launched for the PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2010 to review scores ranging from abysmal to perfect. Love it or hate it, Deadly Premonition is about to return in the form of a director's cut loaded with bonus content. Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut is coming exclusively to the PS3 in the first quarter of 2013.

"It's been a while since Deadly Premonition was released, but I'm still receiving so many messages of support from fans around the world," Deadly Premonition director Hidetaka 'Swery' Suehiro said in a press release. "I'm writing some exciting new scenarios and adding some new features. All will be revealed over the coming months and I'm confident I can deliver an unforgettable experience for you all."

In addition to the new scenario mentioned by Suehiro, the director's cut will have HD graphics, a "reworked control system allowing for an even better combat experience," and additional DLC. The re-release was first hinted at several months ago [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119152-SWERY-Hints-at-Deadly-Premonition-Sequel], as well as a possible sequel to Deadly Premonition. Though the director's cut is now official, the fate of Deadly Premonition 2 remains a mystery.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
*SQUEEE!!*

I don't have to hunt down a Japanese version that hopefully has English subtitles, and that won't wreck my bank anymore! :D

I'm really curious to know what the DLC might be and what the new scenario is, but this makes me happy.

[sub][sub]*SQUEEEE!![/sub][/sub]

Number-14

Dec 13, 2010
Ever since I've watched Unskippable's episode of Deadly Premonition I HAD to watch how the game was like because it was so damn hilarious. I don't do well with horror games and I don't care how stupid it is I still shit myself. I've watched all the part on youtube and even though I wasn't playing it I felt so sad in the end. It's cool to see it coming to PS3 but I don't think I'll get it 'cause you know, I DO NOT LIKE HORROR GAMES.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Good thing I'm planning to get a PS3 soon.
So many games I want to get.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Ah, c'mon! I don't have a PS3, and the original was a massive cult hit on the 360! I was looking forward to this too!

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Really? Like, really? I can't say how happy i am that a game like Deadly Premonition gets so much support. I'm a pretty huge fanboy and this makes me a happy fella.

Blazingdragoon04

May 22, 2009
Number-14 said:
Ever since I've watched Unskippable's episode of Deadly Premonition I HAD to watch how the game was like because it was so damn hilarious. I don't do well with horror games and I don't care how stupid it is I still shit myself. I've watched all the part on youtube and even though I wasn't playing it I felt so sad in the end. It's cool to see it coming to PS3 but I don't think I'll get it 'cause you know, I DO NOT LIKE HORROR GAMES.
If you like watching people play it, a Let's Play that I love did an episode a while back. I hope ya enjoy it as much as I did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zv0w6k1VQ4

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES YES YES YES HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO! :D :D :D :D

I loves me some DP. Sad that it isn't multi-platform (which is weird, since it was on 360 originally), but since I have a PS3, I am pumped nonetheless. Heres hoping it still keeps the dirt-cheap price point of the original! :D

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
Fine-a-fuckingly
I've been waiting so long for this, My 360 died a few weeks before the original version came out. I ended up just switching to PS3 and never got a chance to play it.

Studsmack

Sep 28, 2012
Trishbot said:
Ah, c'mon! I don't have a PS3, and the original was a massive cult hit on the 360! I was looking forward to this too!
Yeah... me too. I haven't played it yet, but additional content sounds like it would be nice. Here's to hoping they offer DLC for the 360 version.

I'm curious as to why the mention "HD graphics" as a selling point for the PlayStation exclusive... was it not technically on the original Xbox release?

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Well, this is a bunch of garbage. So the 360 fans of this game are just shit out of luck? Well, I hope it comes back and bites you in the ass, then.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
I suppose I can consider this just payment for PS3 users not getting Skyrim DLC whilst I can.

Even though Deadly Premonition is way cooler.

...actually, fuck all you bitches. I want my goddamn Deadly Premonition director's cut. :mad:

Number-14 said:
I don't know which Deadly Premonition you saw, but the one I played was definitely a comedy game.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
Really cool I can now import a copy since the developer boycotted the release in Australia due to our Censorship on Games.
I really really wanted to buy it when I saw it in the UK but I didn't know if it was region locked or not and since the PS3 doesn't have region locks for games this will be a must buy.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Wait, it was released on PS3? Why didn't I get it sooner? D:<

Regardless, this is super awesome. I can't wait to play it with some friends and get a good laugh out of it.

And even though I've never played the game, I still find this tune addicting.

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
I'm playing the game for first time now on ps3 bc it was free, its a ridiculous game thus far. Ludacris story and dialogue. I'm laughing at the game most of the time and asking "wtf is this", or "are they serious?"
I'll give an example of one absurdity I have encountered already: in the lumbermill, the hooded red trench coat stalker guy "sees you" through the door that's locked. You go to open it and you see him start hacking at the door with his ax (why not just unlock the door?). My first instinct was "hey I have a submachine gun" so I wait and unload a couple rounds in him as he enters. Oh no, logic blocker incoming. Apparently he is immune to bullets at this time as the screen suddenly cuts to me with my back to the door, and the dead. That makes sense. Okay so were suppose to "hide" I get it, those 2 lockers are open for a reason. The really absurd part is the "hiding" and HE can't find you? Really? He knows York is in the room, HE saw him. Plus the only places to hide are the 2 obvious lockers, and one is still open... Come on now. He isn't going to find us BC we are holding are breaths?
That's just one of many absurdities I have already experienced in this game and I'm still on chapter 1.
The horror style of this game is basically a failed silent hill copy. I'm glad this was a free game, only continuing it for the laughs and easy trophies.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
It's a little too late for this, being the PC version has been out for what, over a year now and now Sony decides to release it for their 8 year old system?

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Glaice said:
It's a little too late for this, being the PC version has been out for what, over a year now and now Sony decides to release it for their 8 year old system?
PS3 version came out before the PC version actually. Look at the date of the thread, it should have read oddly from the get go.