Let's Watch The Iron Man 3 Trailer

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Let's Watch The Iron Man 3 Trailer

MovieBob takes a close look at the brand new Iron Man 3 Trailer.

Read Full Article

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
I think Iron Man 3 has promise, and I say that as someone who didn't enjoy the first two movies quite as much as everyone else. I loved Tony Stark and enjoyed him when he wasn't wearing his suit, but the moment he put it on things always got boring for me. I mean, the main villain in Iron man 1 turn out to just be another guy in a suit, imagine the face-palm I gave after seeing the second movie! I can't enjoy Iron man if hes just fighting more guys in suits or robots, because I know he has so much more interesting villains he could be fighting. It's just really anti-climatic to go to these movies as see him playing rock-em sock-em robots. But Seeing who the villain is going to be in the third movie has filled me with genuine hope that we might get something interesting this time!

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
One of your bolds actaully is broken. You added in a / in the first part.

<quote=Moviebob>[/b] 01:03 - 01:07[/b] Stark's house, being visited by more news helicopters - oh, wait ...

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
xPixelatedx said:
I can't enjoy Iron man if hes just fighting more guys in suits or robots, because I know he has so much more interesting villains he could be fighting. It's just really anti-climatic to go to these movies as see him playing rock-em sock-em robots. But Seeing who the villain is going to be in the third movie has filled me with genuine hope that we might get something interesting this time!
So besides the Mandarin (who I'm glad is in this movie, because I love over-the-top Bond villain mastermind types) or anyone who's technically an Avengers villain, which of Iron Man's Rogues' Gallery isn't i) a corporate rival, ii) some kind of spy who probably can't hold their own with Iron Man in a straight fight, or iii) someone in a suit? Living Laser? MODOK? (He'd actually be fun.) Anybody else? I'd love to see AIM show up at some point as successors to HYDRA.

RufusMcLaser

Mar 27, 2008
I refuse to watch this video for the same reason I refuse to watch any trailer for a movie I expect to really enjoy- I like my movie experience to be pristine and unspoilt, as much of a tabula rasa as possible. The joy of discovering something new is a big deal for me. There have been a few exceptions; the trailers I saw for Inglorious Basterds gave away absolutely nothing important. For me, such exceptions are a rare treat.
So, Bob, I'll come back and watch this after the movie comes out. In the meantime feel free to do one for a movie this particular Iron Man fanboy will give fewer damns about.

Cekil1

Aug 22, 2008
No one can visibly strain to carry something heavy over their shoulder without it being religious I guess.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
MovieBob said:
The persistent rumor is that it's a new and improved paint job for War Machine (it has War Machine's shoulder-mounted gun), which actually makes a lot of sense and could be amusing regarding The Army giving their Iron Man a bandwagon-hopping Avengers-mania makeover. On the other hand, if this is a new bad guy I look forward to Stark getting really pissed at him for wearing his teammate's colors.
It's definitely War Machine. If you look on the right side of chest piece you can see "LT. Col. James Rhodes".

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
I believe Ghostface Killah (alternate alias Tony Stark) holds the definitive review of this trailer.

Nah, it look live, though. It look live. They blew his house up, right? That was his crib, right? Yeah yeah, no, it look live, though. It look live. It look live. Look like it?s gonna be some sh-t.
That needs to be on the posters. All of them

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Falseprophet said:
xPixelatedx said:
I can't enjoy Iron man if hes just fighting more guys in suits or robots, because I know he has so much more interesting villains he could be fighting. It's just really anti-climatic to go to these movies as see him playing rock-em sock-em robots. But Seeing who the villain is going to be in the third movie has filled me with genuine hope that we might get something interesting this time!
So besides the Mandarin (who I'm glad is in this movie, because I love over-the-top Bond villain mastermind types) or anyone who's technically an Avengers villain, which of Iron Man's Rogues' Gallery isn't i) a corporate rival, ii) some kind of spy who probably can't hold their own with Iron Man in a straight fight, or iii) someone in a suit? Living Laser? MODOK? (He'd actually be fun.) Anybody else? I'd love to see AIM show up at some point as successors to HYDRA.
Wasn't there a picture shown quite a while back from the set of Iron Man 3 with an AIM sign? MODOK in a film would be so awesome. They can do Mandarin, why not MODOK?

Torus2112

May 16, 2011
I think if the suit does come alive on its own it might be because Tony is dreaming; he might be controlling the suit as he dreams, or maybe that just activates it, but I want to say it has something to do with him being asleep at the time.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
I expect that they'll rename the Mandarin to something a little less blatantly offensive, something along the lines of a CIA case-file name. "The Scholar," "The Teacher," "The Ringmaster," "M," "The Wanderer (My personal choice, as it would give him an opportunity to meet/inspire/arm various IM villains such as The Ten Rings from IM1 and Ivan Vanko in IM2,)" etc.

Regardless, while it will still be a character piece on Tony Stark (let's be honest with this director), the villain will be a much stronger character than the last few (Hammer, in particular, was less of a villain and more of an irritant).

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
I've been watching the Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated Avengers series (its fucking awesome go watch it) and all its done is make me even more impatient for all the Marvel movies coming. I don't even read comics all that often but god damn is their so much awesome shit to geek out over lol.

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
MovieBob said:
"Hey, how come they didn't call up Black Iron Man?"
As someone who lives near Boston, it's possible you overheard my father-in-law, and I find that hilarious.

Bill Nye the Zombie

Apr 27, 2012
What do the movie crews behind Iron Man have against his house? In like every movie it gets trashed. And why would he be at his house, doesn't he have Stark Tower? I mean, if he can keep rebuilding his house every other day, surly he can rebuild his big, important tower.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Revolutionaryloser said:
Wasn't there an infamous Iron Man comic where the suit's AI went insane and ended up committing suicide? Also, didn't the film's suit also have an AI? I'm pretty sure it had a very advanced AI in all 3 films. Strange Bob is omitting something so obvious. Maybe he doesn't even want to consider the worst case scenario.
Isn't that the basic plot of that forgotten film Stealth?

The suit used Jarvis as an OS and basic AI (i.e. capable of complex tasks, but unable to act on its own) that uses some kind of interface that goes beyond just tactile and vocal comands, likely connecting directly to his nervous system though the power core. The combination of the illness in IM2 and the supernatural events of The Avengers could have imprinted a crude copy of Stark onto the suit, but it would be way too easy to go that route (again, it's been done a few times).

Something I forgot when I posted above which would be interesting: The Ten Rings organization, which were modeled more after the 1980s Mujaheddin with members from all over the world (Belgian and German were mentioned as languages spoken), could have been an advance team of the (and I'll just call him this until we hear otherwise) Mandarin, who used the power vacuum created by the war in the mountainous region in southern Afghanistan to set up a base of operation under the guise of a standard warlord. It would explain the actions of the group, which seemed keen on securing villages and obtaining advanced weapons technology, as well as explaining who they are and how they are united together and why they seem less interested in engaging US forces like the Taliban and more controlling territory (again, attacking and clearing out villages).

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Reading that Extremis article kind of felt like a giant spoiler for all three Iron Man movies. Wow, did they ever take cues from that in the first two, and the trailer isn't looking any less cluttered with pulls from there. I'm now scared for the lives of certain characters, having read that. Will be interesting to see how they handle the post-Avengers issue though. And I can't help but wonder how much of each characters individual stories (not so much Thor or Banner, I suppose) will be matters of pride, of "I don't need to call in the other guys, I can handle this on my own" kind of setups. Though, I'd love to see a line in Avengers 2 of "Hey, heard about the thing. Why didn't you call, you know I'd have come help."

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
My fragmented memory of the 90s Iron-man TV series runs counter to Moviebob's theory about a self-aware suit. In that they basically boil Mandarin down to a villain whose sole objective is to get Iron-man's suit.