The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2008: John

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2008: John

Continuing The Escapist staff retrospective of 2008, John Funk is here with the five games of the past year that have a special place in his heart (and on his hard drive).

Read Full Article

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
"Northrend is one of the coolest fantasy lands I've seen in ages, and I continually find myself blown away by the quality..."

ba-dum-tish.

I suppose I should pick up Mirror's Edge once I get a 360. All I hear are people ripping on how short it is, but if it's already ended up on 2/4 top 5 lists on the site, it can't be that bad.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
"Northrend is one of the coolest fantasy lands I've seen in ages, and I continually find myself blown away by the quality..."

ba-dum-tish.

I suppose I should pick up Mirror's Edge once I get a 360. All I hear are people ripping on how short it is, but if it's already ended up on 2/4 top 5 lists on the site, it can't be that bad.
Would've been on mine, too, but I didn't want to have that much duplication.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
I don't even know how much needs to be said about this other than it makes me like Blizzard than I already did, and that's no small feat.
u like blizz?! even when i played WoW i hated them...ok so they do a good few things but not enough to make me consider liking them...sex change for, what was it, $8?

also, ur all wrong so far, L4D is the best game, not just of the year, but like, evar ;)

altho i agree that audoosurf is an awesome game

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Angron said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
I don't even know how much needs to be said about this other than it makes me like Blizzard than I already did, and that's no small feat.
u like blizz?! even when i played WoW i hated them...ok so they do a good few things but not enough to make me consider liking them...sex change for, what was it, $8?

also, ur all wrong so far, L4D is the best game, not just of the year, but like, evar ;)

Dudes made StarCraft, Diablo/2, WC/2/3. I'd love them even if WoW wasn't stellar :p

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
Angron said:
CantFaketheFunk said:

I hate WoW but I still love Blizzard, they made starcraft, automatic mega love.

I should probably try chrono trigger, I have heard nothing but good things, bust I still remain reluctant for some reason.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Angron said:

How can we be wrong about our favorite games?

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Angron said:

Because you didn't pick HIS/HER favorite game, that's how.

Though given the quality of said post I wouldn't be very worried, it is likely written by a 13 year old with extremely poor gramatical capability.

Also Susan deserves awesome kudos for bringing Bow Street Runners to my attention, everyone I know is now in desperate love with that game. We are a bunch of sad, sad history geeks with a thing for dark, industrial english cities devoid of law.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
Susan Arendt said:
Angron said:

Though given the quality of said post I wouldn't be very worried, it is likely written by a 13 year old with extremely poor gramatical capability.

Also Susan deserves awesome kudos for bringing Bow Street Runners to my attention, everyone I know is now in desperate love with that game. We are a bunch of sad, sad history geeks with a thing for dark, industrial english cities devoid of law.

woo hoo, sorry for having abit of fun...

fatdude

Dec 18, 2008
I think it's weird that you've picked Mirror's Edge as your number 4 due to its originality, but then also pick Chrono Trigger as your number 3, even though it was released quite some time ago. Maybe in the top 5 for 1995, but, y'know, 2008.

Ralackk

Aug 12, 2008
fatdude said:
I think it's weird that you've picked Mirror's Edge as your number 4 due to its originality, but then also pick Chrono Trigger as your number 3, even though it was released quite some time ago. Maybe in the top 5 for 1995, but, y'know, 2008.
He picked the DS version that was only release in 2008, not the old Snes version. I think the new one has a couple features over the old one but I can't remember what.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Ralackk said:
fatdude said:
He picked the DS version that was only release in 2008, not the old Snes version. I think the new one has a couple features over the old one but I can't remember what.
Touch Screen control, Anime Cutscenes, a monster arena, an extra dungeon and an extra ending. The extra content is meh, the biggest feature is that it's portable.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Angron said:
PedroSteckecilo said:
Susan Arendt said:
Angron said:

woo hoo, sorry for having abit of fun...
Your poor spelling and grammar WILL make you a target, if you're going to have strong opinions learn to articulate them well or you will be eaten alive.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
Your poor spelling and grammar WILL make you a target, if you're going to have strong opinions learn to articulate them well or you will be eaten alive.
i iz sorri but i thunk nobuddy spelled right on teh interwebz...

so im rushed and i make a few errors, big deal...its not an essay im writing

also, what did i spell wrong? i made 1 error in audiosurf, and said altho to be quicker...and saying evar is funnier...this is the first time anyone has commented on my spelling or grammar so im sorry im not perfect at english, i never claimed to be...

i just think people need to take less time pointing out pointless errors and have a laugh and discuss things... cause this isnt even about the thread anymore...

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
fatdude said:
Favorite games :) CT is still one of my favorites ever made.