Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials Arrives in December

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials Arrives in December

Dunwall City Trials, the first DLC release for Dishonored, is just a couple weeks away.

If you've got a hankering for more Dishonored, then the news I bear is good - as long as you weren't hoping for the further adventures of Corvo. Dunwall City Trials is a collection of ten "challenge maps" that will require you to employ weapons, gadgets and supernatural skills to gank guards, take down Tallboys, wipe out weepers and even rampage through non-stop runs of drop assassinations. You'll shoot down tanks of whale oil dropping from the sky and skulk about a fancy mansion, stealing everything that's not nailed down. The expansion will include new achievements and DLCs, plus a global leaderboard that will tell you just how bad at the game you really are.

The DLC is clearly aimed at players who enjoyed the more action-packed parts of Dishonored - stabbing guys, blowing stuff up, that sort of thing - rather than those who found the story, setting and characters more appealing. Fortunately, two story-based DLC releases are planned for 2013, one featuring the assassin Daud and the other that's still a deep, dark secret.

Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials [http://www.dishonored.com/dlc#/dunwall-city-trials] comes out on December 11 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, and will sell for $4.99 or 400 Microsoft points.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Sounds good to me. More Dishonored fun times for a reasonably cheap price? I can dig that. :p

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
I just have to say, you're avatar is making me uncomfortable...White Face haunts my dreams.

OP:I'm interested in the DLC, even though I am one of those people who was interested in the setting(if not the bland characters and story) and stealth more than the action.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Meh, I'll sit this one out - I've never been much for out-of-context DLC's. Looking forward to the Daud DLC though...

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I loved the gameplay in Dishonored, but if it doesn't add to the story I think I'll be sitting this one out.

Unless it's free, although I don't expect it to be.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Artemis923 said:
Too late, I already sold Dishonored. Good game, but it's too damn short.
How is it short? I got a good 10 hours from exploring and learning about the world.
10 hours is nothing. I beat it in one sitting.

Anything less than 15 hours is short, especially for a 70 dollar price tag.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Artemis923 said:
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Artemis923 said:
Too late, I already sold Dishonored. Good game, but it's too damn short.
How is it short? I got a good 10 hours from exploring and learning about the world.
10 hours is nothing. I beat it in one sitting.

Anything less than 15 hours is short, especially for a 70 dollar price tag.
I think it's quite reasonable. I bought it on release and I haven't even finished it yet. I reckon I'm at about 15 hours so far with (I think) one level to go)

Then a Pacifist run beckons

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
If this DLC involves just challenges and no story or just has some story and mainly gives you challenges then I'll probably not go for it seeing as how I'm not the type of gamer that loves challenges over story.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
hmm, maybe i just wait and see how it turns out. the game is good and i enjoyed it but i havent touched it for some time now. busy with BF3 and AC3.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Great! I love Dishonored and I'm looking forward to buy it...

When a Complete edition comes out with all the DLC included.

FOOL ME ONCE, INDUSTRY!

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Hmm, I'm gonna pass on this one. I'd prefer something that expands on the single-player campaign. I'm sure there are plenty more people in Dunwall deserving of a good hard blade through the brainstem.