The Walking Dead Rules November PSN Sales

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
The Walking Dead Rules November PSN Sales

Zombies, assassins, and retro games were all the rage on PlayStation platforms in November.

The Walking Dead finished its five-episode run last month, and it went out with a bang, at least on the PlayStation Network. Episode 5: No Time Left topped November's PSN and full PS3 game downloads, with the four previous episodes appearing in the top 20. After No Time Left, the top five was rounded out by Assassin's Creed III, Sonic Adventure 2, Okami HD, and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

The PlayStation Blog also lists sales info for Sony's other platforms. The top three Vita downloads for the month were Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified, Assassin's Creed III Liberation, and Persona 4 Golden, with recently released PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale down at number six. And in case you forgot about the PSP, it's still kicking, with the six-year-old game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories leading the digital pack, followed by Persona 3 Portable.

When it comes to PS3 game add-ons, the Call of Duty: Black Ops II season pass topped the list. Grand Theft Auto III was the most-downloaded PS2 title, and Final Fantasy VII continues to sell 15 years later, coming in at number one for PSOne Classics (Final Fantasy VIII and IX were also in the top five).

Of course, this doesn't represent games sold at retail, but it's nice to see unconventional games like The Walking Dead and Persona 4 Golden listed alongside predictable hits like Black Ops II and Assassin's Creed III. You can get a full rundown of November's digital PSN sales over at the PlayStation Blog.

Source: PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/06/november-2012-psn-top-sellers-the-walking-dead-goes-out-with-a-bang/]

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
*sees Persona 4 Golden* Aw Yeah! Best game of the year is selling well!

I want to try Walking Dead, but I am not a fan of point and click games, I tend to get tired of them really fast...

Also, I am wondering if the Vita version of All-Stars Battle Royale is any good, can you play it with someone who has the PS3 version?
It's not really point and click, at least... not in the sense of say, Broken Sword. It's mostly WASD + conversation options + quicktime events.

But everyone loves the game for the incredible story. You should really give it a try!

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
*sees Persona 4 Golden* Aw Yeah! Best game of the year is selling well!

I want to try Walking Dead, but I am not a fan of point and click games, I tend to get tired of them really fast...

Also, I am wondering if the Vita version of All-Stars Battle Royale is any good, can you play it with someone who has the PS3 version?
Yes, PSASBR does have crossplay between the two systems.

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Actually what stoked me the most out of that data is that Okami HD is selling well. Nice to know that people are taking advantage of playing an awesome game they probably missed the first few times it was available. Or like me, getting it again for nostalgia and the awesome graphical tweak.

Now if it sells enough, maybe Capcom will do the best thing it's done in a while, and adapt Okami HD with touch controls and send it off to the Vita to sell outstanding there as well.

cavecrashx

Special With Cheese
Apr 7, 2010
Would be nice for it to be stated as the US blog for you know giggles.

Final fantasy will always sell for some reason of nostalgia and something or other

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Since I spent $60 on the PSN store to buy Assassin's Creed III last month, I got $10 as a thank you from Sony.

Now I can finally get Episodes 4 and 5 without going to the store and buying a $20 dollar card again.

Life is good.

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
LOVED the Walking Dead, albeit most of the major plot points happen regardless of choices made. Still good to hear!